1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Legal Issues, sent an extra ipad, and we were told to keep it

Discussion in 'General' started by strgt, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Strick

Strick Good to be king

WHo did you talk to the last time if this time you are indicating that you finally spoke to Apple "corporate"?

2. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

That tiny screen on my Crackberry strikes again.

You're absolutely correct.

3. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

The "thief" thing was not MY comprehension problem, just about twenty other folk's.

Now this Douche comment thing, that's all on me but I'm still batting a solid .500.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I just about spit Dr. Pepper all over my monitor.....

5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a quote earlier in this thread about reading comprehension. :Poke:

6. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

yep, i can think of one or two even on this board that would be true about. :up:

7. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

The bad experience we had was with apples customer service number that made the call to my wife. Both times she has made the call to apples customer service they have been great. The call today was made to apples "corporate" customer service, not sure what the difference is but that's how they were referred as by apple.

8. corsemoto

corsemoto Well-Known Member

Can you say apples some more please.

9. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

Apples, apples, apples.

Feel better now?

How do you like those apples? :D

10. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Ever have any luck with the resolution on this?

11. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Thanks, my reading comprehension appears to be holding up, at least this time.

Not all 10 page beeb threads can be distilled down to ~50 words, this one was easy:D

12. Fent

Fent I'm Registered??

Any update? This is like waiting for season 2 to start!!!

13. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

Little late but we ended up getting somewhere with this. The rep who handled the case the first time (Tina) locked the account and went so far up the corporate ladder that she gained sole control over the account. She stated on our record we were trying to steal the Ipad and that she had documentation stating we agreed to accept a loaner. The Apple corporate rep couldnt do anything to even access the account to see the "documentation" or the original phone call records. Not only couldnt she access it but neither could her manager or her manager's manager! Tina also explicitly stated that nobody was allowed to write us a check for the accessories. Guess this woman really didn't like the fact that my wife called her out on her BS customer service approach. So despite her control over the account, the apple corporate rep got approval to send us an ipod touch 32gb that she said we could sell to recoup the amount for the accessories. She also said she would have given us an Ipad, but Tina had also explicitly stated on the account that we werent allowed to be issued an ipad either. Needless to say we sent the ipad back with no hassels. There is no way in hell we will ever buy an apple product again. Its like walking into a store and being accused of stealing for no reason. All they had to do was issue us a check for the accessories, and appologize for THEIR mistake. Instead we were made out to be theifs based on an apple employees lie. Its not the entire companies fault but this douchebag Tina from the original customer service call should never have been given sole control over our account had the higher-ups she went to actually looked to see if she had this so called agreement documented.

The whole situation has left a really sour taste in my mouth, but at least there were a few people at Apple willing to fix this. They were appalled that this situation was handled like this by Tina. So far we wrote a nice long complaint letter and sent it to a few different people up the chain. Hopefully it will at least cause this lady a little grief.

14. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Haha, If I was you, I'd have two Ipads and be laughing about it.

Id love to see their ' documentation' presented in a court of law.

15. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Who is this tina person... I have some questions about my apple products, and I would like to talk to her about them...:D

Just list her name here for me so I know who to ask for...LOL

16. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

They would have lost in court, but could have made a huge hassle with our credit no doubt. Wasnt worth it.

17. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

question, it hasnt been that long since you purchased the original Ipad for your wife, correct?

Dispute the charge on your credit card, and send the one you bought for you wife back accompanied with a nice friendly "fuck you" letter, of course include a complete recount of everything that led you to that decision.

18. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

So now your going to sell the ipod touch 32gb for just what you bought the accesories for right? That would be the right thing to do. Whats your paypal I'll send the money right over.