1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Marco Simoncelli

Discussion in 'General' started by Josh Whitehead, Oct 23, 2011.

1. burner42

burner42 Well-Known Member

2 of my favorites... :(

Attached Files:

2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Thinking about it, Super Sic put the fun back into watching MotoGP. You couldn't not smile when you heard him speak or saw a photo of him. The more i read about him the more I became a diehard fan. He was the guy that I'd sit and root for if he was in 1st or last. He was the next Schwantz to me.

I'm still heart broken and motogp has lost it's "fun factor" to me.

4. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

+1 x 1000

5. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Yep - me, my Sons - we were all pulling for him, it was really great to see him tame his inner wildman and come to grips with the MGP bike, and yep, he was the most fun to watch.

He was the next big thing, I'm sooo glad he made it onto the box before this happened... :up:

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

What would be cool, is if Rossi used the #58 and won the race by a mile!

7. JD¹³

JD¹³ Turbo Slow

Pulling off the track is not something I can see Rossi and Hayden doing. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Rossi wearing Marco's helmet. They're both AGV and Monster sponsored.

8. r6racer75

r6racer75 Well-Known Member

Understanding Italian custom - I apparently don't.
    I know its not the case but this scene just seems so casual.
    http://superbikeplanet.com/image/2011/motogp/sic/funeral/9d.htm
    Everyone dressed in jeans, hoodies and tennies, even Sic's dad. I would have expected more suits and dresses. It even looks like Sics Mom is giving The Dr. a friendly tickle. And there are not as many somber faces as I expected to see throughout the whole ceremony. Anyone know why this tragic event seems to have culminated in such a light hearted funeral?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If I had to guess, I would say the family probably wanted the funeral to be a reflection of who Marco was in life. Can you picture him in a suit and tie?

10. For some reason, I wouldn't be surprised if Rossi won at Valencia. Even though its a track that he hates and he hasn't been able to come to terms with the Ducati.

11. I agree. Someone posted on Facebook something like "shame on Rossi for wearing a sweatshirt." I replied that Marco's dad had one on too, so I dont see it as disrespectful at all.

It did seem strange though, in Italy, which is a country known for people dressing up, not dressing down. I think that general consensus is changing though, and the un written fashion rules of Italy are starting to relax.

12. I can see him doing that. He would have to include his sun and moon in some way too. Im sure he will have some way of paying tribute.

13. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

We will not see a normal helmet from Rossi at Valencia. Of this I am certain.

14. Jorge Lorenzo re tweeted this tweet from Marc Martin: "The circuit of San Marino will be renamed "Marco Simoncelli Circuit". The number 58 will be remove from the World Championship."

15. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

That is AWESOME! Great way for him to be remembered.

16. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

I totally agree. My buddy and I were talking about this photo today! I'm speechless when looking at this pic! Damn, I still can't believe it.:(

17. TeleRomeo

TeleRomeo Wanna go WFO?!

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I noticed this as well. I wouldn't think that such casual attire would be the custom in the country that brought the world Armani.

I can't say I don't like the way they handled it, though. I can only hope mine goes much the same way.

19. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I am surprised at the low dress standards at the funeral, but then not my funeral.

I did like the kids in leathers though. That was very cool.

20. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I think some of you guys are putting to much thought into it.