RIP Marco Simoncelli

Discussion in 'General' started by Josh Whitehead, Oct 23, 2011.

1. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

This is horrible. RIP...

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

So thankful didn't watch the live feed and will not be watching any replays (have fired off emails to ESPN and Speed--SI does not show any video, relieved that someone has some decency). Seeing the photograph of his father in the pits about broke my heart--we have lost a charismatic, thrilling racer, but his parents have lost their beautiful child. Terribly, terribly sad.

3. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

There are 10,000 ways to die, pick one and hopefully it will go your way.

4. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

It would suck to be in a hospital bed at 80+ years old dying of nothing.

5. GIXXERMO600

GIXXERMO600 Well-Known Member

heartfelt sympathy to the Simoncelli family and the Gresini Race Team. a tragic and terrible loss to our sport. a brother has been taken from us too early, too young. But God will open his arms and Super Sic will continue to hit the twisties above! RIP 58!

Thoughts and prayer extended to all as well as Edwards and Rossi... certainly they need support now too during this time.

Godspeed

6. Castris

Castris Well-Known Member

+1.

Seeing the expression on Edwards face as he was walking from the medical center. Total dispair.. :(

7. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Ive been asked about racing from friends and family....and my regards to my daughters. My response is I would hate to live life in fear of death. I would hate for my children to live in that fashion as well. I live more in a year than some do in a lifetime.

8. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Never noticed before today that Sic had O+ on his speed hump.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."

10. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

i hate to speculate on something pointless.

part of me thinks he pulled off an incredible save and the engine stalled.

11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Very sad. RIP

12. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

Godspeed Racer.

Big Heart, Big Talent, Big Loss!

Gutted

Prayers for the Family

13. Tonbo

Tonbo Member

Rest in Peace, Marco. You will be dearly missed... Thanks you for bringing and sharing your passion and love of the sport with the rest of us. I will try to remember your life, not your death... My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

(And my heart and thoughts to Edwards and Rossi. We all mourn on this tremendously sad day, but in time, I hope we all can celebrate his life and our wonderful memories of him. I, too, shall remember him with my tears and smiles.)

Godspeed and farewell, Marco...

14. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

RIP racer.

I just finished my emails.

15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Goodbye, Marco.

I just went on MotoMatters to check the results, and I see this. I can't believe he's gone. It seems unreal. I didn't see the video, and I never will. Fuck ESPN and those cocksuckers.

16. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Amen

17. dexter69

dexter69 Well-Known Member

All gave some, some gave all. God bless Marco.

18. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

+1. If only the invincibility of youth were true.

19. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Crazy riding skills...I just noticed the front tire's about .5 inches of the ground, and that looks like its at the apex :wow:

20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I remember those wildcard rides. At the time I recall being kinda pissed that he was giving Spies the business, while at the same time thinking "man, look at that fucking guy ride that thing..." :up: Was a fan ever since.

This really sucks. :(

There are no words...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011