1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LIVE Video Podcast Of Summit Tomorrow

Discussion in 'General' started by magic-rat, Sep 16, 2011.

1. magic-rat

magic-rat Active Member

All,

Well, I've been fiddling around with using a hi-res camcorder to "broadcast' from Summit Point via PODCAST. At my last trackday with NESBA, it worked. I'm gonna try it tomorrow for the race.

I don't think I'm breaking any rules or anything cause I'm shooting it myself, not selling it or anything ... just doing it for fun.

Sooo ...

If it works (and there's a 50% chance it won't) you can see it tomorrow here:

http://www.magicratproductions.com/podcast.html

If you want to see what it will (should) look like tomorrow ... look here (my garage):

http://www.magicratproductions.com/cam.html

The PODCAST will be a smaller "box" where the video shows up, but the idea is to have just as good of quality and (hopefully) sound, too. But, I dunno. I gonna try to be set up and broadcasting about 15 minutes before the first race starts.

I'll be in T1 / T2. Tell your Mom, Dad, Spouse, Buddies to check it out ... and maybe, just maybe, it will work.

I'll be recording to tape (like always), too.

-- Rat

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That's great, looking forward to checking it out!

4. magic-rat

magic-rat Active Member

looks like it is going to work.

will broadcast around 1:eek:o pm after the mini's race.

5. magic-rat

magic-rat Active Member

Going live in 5 minutes ...

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Can you walk in front of the camera and wave, or something?I want to make sure my picture is live.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, I can hear you. If you would stop calling your friends and check out the BBS, you would know this! :D

8. 418

418 Expert #59

Dude, sort out the technical issues off line. Geez. :D

9. magic-rat

magic-rat Active Member

LOL.

Well, need more bandwidth. :)

Next time ... I bring a VSAT terminal.

10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Not iPad friendly. Booo, now what am I supposed to watch while I poop?

11. magic-rat

magic-rat Active Member

Was interesting ...

In the morning during warm up ... it worked well.

When the races started ... it bombed. I'm thinking that there were other folks with Verizon air cards trying to stream down what I was pushing up ... all in the same cell ... and we choked each other off.

Well, I learned a bunch.

I think to ever be able to get it work "for real" will take either: a) a wired connection to cable, or b) a VSAT satcom shot like you see on the roofs of gas stations

I have some friends that do SATCOM terminal stuff for a living. Maybe I can convince them to give me the hook-up for a couple weekends next year.

The cameras, microphones, computers, and power that I have are all pretty hiqh quality.

Good stuff. Back to the drawing board ...

:)

12. magic-rat

magic-rat Active Member

LOL. Yeah, it uses FLASH.

You gotta get your "masses" to complain to apple and add FLASH as a recognized plug in.

They won't ... Apple compete's with Adobe ... they won't build compatible stuff unless a bunch of money can be made.

13. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Yeah, all hail steve jobs and his infinent wisdom. This is the only apple product that I have. Don't think I will be getting any other apple stuff either.

14. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

Was that the lightweight solo 20 with just two bikes?

15. magic-rat

magic-rat Active Member

Travis,

Yeah, I think so.

A 3rd bike came out for the last 3 or 4 laps ... I suspect to get points, but I dunno.