1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy waste of money!

Discussion in 'General' started by CB186, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

He definitely doesnt make us look more intelligent.

Reading the article though, it seems like alot of hot air. Little proof, but lots of huffing and puffing from the rapper and his publicist. I'd bet either the jet didnt cost $35mill, he isnt doing $20mill in upgrades or that he wont ever actually own it outright. It all seems like another douchebag way to self-promote himself. Rappers are famous for bragging about what they have, only to show most of it lies or rented goods.

A rep from my management team is going to announce that I bought Canada next week.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

20 million for some flooring, bottle holders, and paint? He should have got that guy with the purple pimped sedan deville with zebra interior to decorate his plane!

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Lots of dumb people with little to no taste in music.

4. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

not if you plan on using US money you wont be

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It'll just cost twice as much now.

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

:stupid:

7. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

or nought

8. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

you.guys.are.old.

9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You beebers are something else. This guy understands that time is money. :crackup:

10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I love the comments on these things, some of the posters give this place a run for its money.

This guy does not have $75 million. The plane is leased. It's just a publicity stunt. With his level of "talent" he possesses, media stunts aren't a bad idea More power to him.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

He's a job creator.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Leased? By who? He ain't coughing up that kind of $$$$$.

I doubt he could lease a gumball.

13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Leased by his record company, probably. Maybe they let him rent it for a $1 to generate some money and get those Soulja Boy ringtones moving before the aircraft goes into service. Let him be seen flying somewhere in "his" private jet a couple times before everyone forgets about him again.

It could also be a timeshare deal between him and other "artists". Anyhow, it's all bullshit, no matter how they structured it. He's smarter than he looks (which shouldn't be that hard), he knows that he needs to create publicity and make as much money as possible before he fades back into the woodwork where he belongs.

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Or not.

:D

15. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Exactly, some of the rappers on Cribs would rent a nice furnished house just for the episode, plus most of their cars and jewelry are on loan so they can look the part. There's very little actual money in it these days, he made most of his money off ringtones and even before taxes and paying all his people he wouldn't be near $50 million, I bet he's well under 10 in the bank. 50 Cent could buy that shit though.

The funny part about it is how much these jets cost to operate, even if this idiot could somehow make payments or something to get it, it would never move because he couldn't afford the pilot, fuel, staff, maintenance, etc. Maybe he'll just throw parties in it while it sits in the hanger.

16. +1
    We have a Challenger 900 which is a step down from a G5. Our costs are around $4000-4500 per hour costs for pilots, fuel, maintenance etc. Just had it repainted and new interior and it wasn't even remotely close to $20 M. Has to be the record company's if anyone. A used G5 runs 27 M.

The whole story is BS.

17. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Excuse me, Mr. Hunter, ahem, cough, AKA my uh new best friend....

You guys are a bit old, nothing wrong with that. This guy makes money every time there's a view or a comment is on his youtube, a view on his twitter, the loudspeaker at the Hawks games, you name it his hand is in it. ATL Hustle baby.

Also, the video's of him going back and forth on youtube with Ice T telling him he killed hip hop from a year or two ago are truly hilarious.

And yes his music is garbage, but the kids gotta party to something Shawty!

18. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

Being old comes with it's advantages. For instance, if i were 20, i may come away thinking this guy has talent & money. Once you become as old as the earth you walk on, it's far easier to realize that it's all a manufactured story, for a manufactured artist who uses manufactured material, for the gain of the record company that employs him, making it very easy to laugh at when you see it.
    It's a lie, tied to a fabrication coated with embellished information.
    In 10 years he'll be back in the get toe, selling jump drives with his "music" on it, out da back of a hoop d. (with no insurance, cause that's how he rolls)

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Weird, when I posted about some yahoo building a gahzillion sq ft house he was lauded for his efforts but this kid is called an idiot. It's his money to spend, so let him. This kid keeps quite a few people employed, hate him or not.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How did he figure out a way to get paid on youtube videos when no one else has (well, other than youtube)? He must be a freakin' eistein.