1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dunlop changes front no one told

Discussion in 'General' started by ed who?, Jun 28, 2011.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

OK. You want me to leave the event-specific WSBK tag on them or take it off? Yes, the exact same set.

In some cases, Pirelli updates the same tire several times a year. The difference between the blue front that was available at the beginning of last season and the blue front that was available at the end of the season was very, very different. Where do you think that data comes from? We've been doing testing with IR temperature sensors to help figure out the new 180/60s and 200s for east coast tracks. That information is going back to Pirelli. So are tire samples. Development is always happening. They have a wide variety of compounds available through the WSBK stuff and release the most versatile ones to the racing public that will work for us. That last part being key.

And going back to that WSBK tire ... you don't want it any more than you'd want a MotoGP Bridgestone. It would take most of us a match and gasoline to get the amount of heat in them they need to work. In the end, a dime to a dollar says that the vast majority of the guys bitching about unobtainium tires wouldn't go any faster on them. The tire companies know what they are doing. However, I think that while Bridgestone gets the prestige of being the tire supplier to MotoGP, companies like Dunlop and Pirelli are getting a lot more out of their spec tire deal as it relates to selling us good tires to race on because the data is a lot more relative to the tires they are trying to sell.

2. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Exactly.
    So you ARE saying that the WSB Pirellis are different than the commercial Pirelli race tires that us mortal club racers have available to us? Ok, got it. ;)
    That was my only point. You can't say that X-brand tire is so awesome just because WSB/MotoGP/AMA riders seem to go fast on them. It means nothing to the club racer because for the most part, we can't even get them (except AMA Dunlops), and even if we could, we wouldn't want them. I'm with Chaotic - ride what works for you, and don't worry about what the Pros use.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  3. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

i ride pirellis cause some pit whore told me to....and he had a red bull hat

4. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Did that hat sport a flat bill?

5. Cody W.

^^^you know him too

6. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Nope...and I don't ear tuck either. Then again to get a hat over my massive cranium and ears would require the use of KY jelly, or a completely new size of fitted hats.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Come on down, we've got a hat that'll fit ya!
    [​IMG]

8. Cody W.

^^^^hahaha....i make my wife wear that to bed

9. H8R

Pics please!

10. Cody W.

11. Cody W.

She just likes me for my body

12. H8R

Look at the size of my melon.

[​IMG]

13. Cody W.

i knew you where the Head of your class

14. H8R

I'm still stunned the zuma doesn't have a cup holder.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can't fit a cup in the dash hole? It holds my stuff great.

16. H8R

Ya, but what about the other one in my hand? You cant go riding around the pits at night with only one drink...what happens if you run out?

:D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dude seriously? Do I have to walk you through putting ice and drinks in the underseat storage?

18. H8R

Ummmm....maybe. :eek: :D

I can't believe I never ever thought of that. Thank you Obi-wan Mongo.

19. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Damn lightweights!:beer:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ain't that the truth. Damn kids these days need to work on their imaginations. There's even a way to drain the compartment on the Zuma so no sloshing ice water :D