1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuka-or-Bust

Discussion in 'General' started by DDK732, May 13, 2011.

1. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Hi guys. As many of you know, I am headed to Japan in a couple of months to race the Suzuka 8 hour. Just recently I had a sponsor pull out and I am now scattering trying to raise the last little bit of money for the race. I have made a website to raise donations for the race (there is also some more info about the team and the race on the site). Any extra money I receive will be donated to the Japan Disaster Relief fund.

Pass it along to anybody and everybody. Thanks for the support!

http://suzuka-or-bust.com/

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

$25 sent, good luck D :up:

3. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary!

The team is supposed to be making some T-Shirts (with cool Japanese Katakana).....when I get some info on that I'll post it on the website.

4. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Just sent $25.00, good luck. When I first got into this I took the Schwantz school. He said Suzuka was his favorite track. -Snack

5. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support!

Kevin is still one of the biggest heros of Japanese racers. I'm excited to tackle Suzuka...I've been studying on the Play Station! :D

6. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Totally jealous of you! Suzuka 8hour is a legendary race....go kick some butt dude!

7. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

In.
    Good luck from the Jennings guys!

8. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the support guys! I really appreciate it!

9. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

That's funny coming from the guy headed over to the IOM!

Good luck out there! Stay safe and kick some butt!

10. P 51 Jockey

P 51 Jockey Well-Known Member

Donated. Have fun dude:up:

11. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Thanks again for everyone's support. I'm going to work on a team poster and make sure everyone who have donated gets one. Once I find out about the team t-shirts and cost I will look into getting those to all who have donated as well.

12. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Update:

I just booked my flight for the race. Everything is a go, thanks to everyone for their support!

I am headed over to Japan in a couple weeks for a work trip and I'm going to get to do a public track day at Suzuka with the team. Hopefully I can get up to speed so when I head back in July I will be able to focus on set up instead of learning the track.

Also, Pilot has designed a custom "American Flag" suit for the race. I'm looking forward to representing the Red, White and Blue!

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Attached Files:

13. t11ravis

Cool leathers Derek. :up:
    Saw your dad on Monday, he was riding the wheels off that Norton!

14. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

He still gets around pretty good for an old guy on an old bike!

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yeah... someone on an SV was impresonating you with the old dixie mafia leathers. :D

Got to follow your dad around and occassional smoke puffs from the yella norton.

16. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's my Dad's buddy Mark. He bought our old SV and my old leathers and has been doing some track days with my old man.

17. t11ravis

Is he the one that went down? He looked a little banged up but pretty much OK.

18. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!good luck Derek.

19. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

uh oh......I haven't talked to my Dad yet this week, so it looks like I need to give him a call!

20. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

We just finished up the official Suzuka 8 hour team's test. It was pouring rain, so it made learning the new track really interesting. They sperated the field into 2 groups and I was P 9 in my first session. Overall I was P 18, my teamate was P 19 and with the teams times combined we were 12th. It was a great day, despite the wet conditions and a late session spill (nothing too bad, I just should have taken an extra lap to let the new rain tire come in). Thanks again to everyone for their support. I'm headed home in a couple of days then back to Japan in 2 weeks for the race!