Any softball junkies out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Squid, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

I'll start off by saying yes, I know softball is for girls, but I love it!

Been thinking of getting a new bat this season, and was going to consult with any other junkies out there. Looking at Freak 98's, the Worth 454, and the Freak FX700

I like the Freak FX 700 as far as the reviews go. So what say you junkies, if you needed a new bat, which route would you go? :up:

2. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

I coach softball at a local private high school, and I have to say the hottest bats I've seen come through are the Rocket Tech's. We got an Easton composite this year that was pretty good, but those Rocket Tech's just flat out GO.

3. MY GF plays twice a week; a day on each team. I go support her just like she supports me at the races. She swings a DeMarini Creature 27/34.

Now go find a mens hardball time.

4. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Who is the sanctioning body of the league? That question is key because not all bats are legal in all leagues. Is it ASA, USSSA, NSA? ASA and USSSA are probably your two most common and have very different parameters for bats. I play in one of each and have a different bat for each league.

5. Captain Squid

Forgot to mention that, thanks!

ASA

6. omatter34

I have some of the Miken Freak series bats and can't complain about any that I have had. A lot of the guys on my teams swear by the Rip-it 98 Reaper from 2008, but I've heard the new ones aren't as hot.

7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Softball is for people who can't hack it at baseball. My son and daughter both play baseball. 'Nuff said. :p

8. Captain Squid

I'm really leanking towards the Miken Freak FX700, we'll see though :)

Played baseball for close to 14 years, thanks for the info though. :up:

9. chase2000gt

chase2000gt Well-Known Member

Or for adults when there aren't baseball leagues available!

10. omatter34

:crackhead: Or for adults who want to participate in a sport and not just watch their kids.

11. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

It's called a joke, geeeeez, you guys got your panties all wadded up this morning!

12. Softball is like racing those little 5hp pit bikes. Yeah, you're technically "racing" but, no one is proud of you.

13. Captain Squid

Softball is serious business! :D :D :D

Some of the guys think so anyway :crackup:

Anyway, picked up a Miken Freak FX700 supermax at lunch, 26oz, loaded 1 oz at the end for swing weight. Can't wait to smack a few around!!!

14. For real. It's probably once a month there is nearly a fight b/c of some incidental contact, a blocked home plate or a runner going full stand up into a 6-4-3. More than once have games been called early due to tampon strings getting tangled up... and the girls get into it too.

15. Captain Squid

:crackup: You almost described last night's game where we got our asses kicked, and 2 of the guys on our team were pissed the 3rd baseman was "blocking" the plate. Technically, both the 3rd baseman, and the runner have rights to the plate/base (as we confirmed with blue).....all of it if they want, or part of it. Some of the guys didn't like that, and thought he should move. He'll move when he gets a busted shin, until then, they more than likely won't........that's just part of it I guess. I never really understood the whole "getting mad enough to fight thing", I mean it's a game, and a fucking game of softball at that. It's no fun anymore when it's so serious

16. Falcondrvr

Falcondrvr Well-Known Member

Coors Light... and lots of it. That's all you need for softball:)

17. Captain Squid

No Coors light for me. All I do is drop bombs like hiroshima :D

18. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Softball - the only sport where you can drink more beer than golfing.

19. And almost as much as bowling ?

None, technically, count as a sport :Poke:

20. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

Still swinging my Miken MV and it drops bombs. Green Boogers are still nice too...

After 33 years of baseball and softball, I'm finally hanging it up. Shoulder hurts too much...