1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If this doesn't get you upset, nothing will.

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, May 25, 2011.

1. IndianaLEO

IndianaLEO Member

Mongo -
    You keep saying he's justified in grabbing the tire iron. Your argument is that he's meeting force with a higher level of force than the other party right? Well, here's yet one more problem with that argument, he started the whole thing. Yes, I understand the bike made an illegal pass, however the driver of the truck not only was in the wrong by trying to run the biker down, thus escalating the situation, he then pursued the biker for an unknown distance, thus escalating the situation again. Then he gets to the stop sign where the bike is stopped, rather than flipping the biker the bird cause he's p*ssed about the illegal pass and then continuing on his way he stops his vehicle, further escalation on his part. Then he gets out of his vehicle, further escalation. Plus, he's carrying a weapon as he exits the vehicle, further escalation. When you initiate the confrontation, and escalate it multiple times you can not later claim self defense....that's crim law 101 sh*t.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay while overall I agree he started the whole thing and so on - at the stop sign he stopped yes. It's a stop sign. He didn't get out of his truck or grab anything until AFTER the rider approached him.

Again - I am NOT SAYING HE IS RIGHT!!!!! Good lord. All I have said is I understand the tire iron. I still think that if they had attacked him and assaulted or as some badasses here have suggested killed him they would have been found at fault. I still say I understand his grabbing a weapon. I have not said he was right and until the whole thing goes to court the assumptions of what is or isn't a proper response is moot.

If you guys are gonna pick on silly points to argue, stopping at a stop sign isn't a good one :crackup:

3. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Rock star. :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yessir. Had someone recognize me in Munich chillin having a beer :crackup: Pissed my sister off when they wanted a picture with me and the boss lady.

5. MV

MV Well-Known Member

Don't pay Mongo too much attention. Some days he would argue with a chair.

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Really? A racer? That's actually kinda cool.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Racers brother, recognized my shirt. Funniest part is he and his new wife were sitting at a table with my Stepmom and one sister when the rest of us got back from doing some shopping :D

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, there's also your claim that he would prevail in court. :D

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's re-enactment time. I'm goin buy Red Truck, a 4 wheeler and a shiny new tire iron. I may even go have some teeth pulled for authenticity. :D

I put a smiley in it you fuckers so laugh damn it.

10. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

found this, though I would share.

*copied from another Forum*

Jim FischerThe pickup driver was arrested for reckless driving, DUI and the DA is using the video to consider reckless endangerment and possibly attempted murder charges. If convicted of all charges the pickup driver could get up to 24 years in jail. That's unlikely but he will likely see a felony conviction and jail time for his life threatening antics. Jerk.

From the Photobucket post, assuming that there is some validity to the post I'll use it as a basis for argument along with other comments from the thread itself without quoting them.

I would hazard a guess that most motorcyclists would have passed under the same circumstance, perhaps not there but sooner or later. You can claim Prima Donna status on a forum, what happens in reality is another story. I would have made the same pass even on my KLR.

Even if the rider's own admission puts him amongst other Squids racing this country road or any other at perhaps insane velocities, as stated the community itself can have the situation policed. However 2 wheels at a high rate of speed probably isn't much concern as generally trucks and farm vehicles more than likely will win the Mass war. I'm not condoning speeding/ripping it up, but won't deny that with other bikes I've owned that I couldn't have been ticketed for an infraction or two. Although I don't believe I've ever put anyone in danger other than myself.

In this case of impromptu vigilantism we obviously have a case of mental or alcohol impairment, an imbalance of both? A person of sound mind, however enraged even with the addition of lubricant more than likely would have not performed the antics as per the video. Clearly this individual whether in this regard or any other has ballistic potential that clearly warrants psychiatric diagnosis.

From the video viewpoint, the riders appear to be riding well, not over exuberant on this occasion and in control. In my opinion even the truck driver, allegedly under the influence manouvers quite well for such a high rate of speed and seems to have good control of the vehicle all things considered.

What is evident though at the end that it seems as the truck driver is inching towards driver 1 and maybe is considering ramming. Scary thought and seems the rider is cognizant of the potential and moves the ride. Rightfully they called the external resources and I am assuming that Mr Fischer's post are the end result, for now.

From this I would have to conclude that Rider 1 came within fractions of an inch of near death or serious injury and kudos to the awareness/avoidance manouver that allows him to see his loved ones again. That is PRICELESS, so nail me for any self-incriminating evidence if required.

Would I have done something differently? Perhaps pulled off after a blind corner and waited for my mate and called the Leo's immediately. Never met an ATV'r so far that wasn't pre/during/post lubricated. Unfair and a generalization, perhaps but not from my experience of 6 pack bandits that can't ride 2 wheeled!

At the end of the day, the phone call may have brought someones family home safe and sound..

11. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I made it this far through that post.

12. HRC-E.B.

HRC-E.B. Well-Known Member

I'm astounded by the level of stubbornnes and stupidity displayed by some. Regardless of whether the riders' conduct was appropriate or not, the sanction for their conduct is certainly not risking injury or death by being run off the road by a pick-up truck, and surely not to be decided without a trial by some aggressive redneck in his pick-up truck.

FACT: had the rider in front been any less experienced, he would have likely fell, been run-over or hurt, or even killed.

No matter how reckless one might be riding his motorcycle (and if you ask me, these guys were pretty low down on the reckelessness latter), it's not up to other motorists to decide that the appropriate sanction to their conduct is running them over or off the road. Period. End of story. Shouldn't even be a matter of opinion or debate. It's just plain common sense.

13. tightR1

tightR1 Well-Known Member

i agree with the fault being shifted to us if we both jumped him.Thats is one reason we didn't.Forget what corresponding # on my list that was or during my lost train of thought.
    He actually got out of the truck with the tire iron before anyone approached his vehicle.
    The tire iron isn't even an issue.I saw he had it but kind of chuckled as wtf you gonna do with that.Hit me with my gear on OUCHy as I proceed to take it away,polish that sumbuck up and stick straight up his candy ass crossways.if you smell what Strat is cookin.

14. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

Why does the bit at the end of the video remind me of "Deliverence"?

15. IndianaLEO

IndianaLEO Member

It's not that he stopped at a stop sign, I knew I shoulda elaborated that point....It's that he stopped at the sign and then exited his vehicle, that's the escalation. Had he stopped, and then proceeded on, as you would normally and legally do (because we all know YOU would NEVER violate ANY traffic law by rolling a stop sign Mongo :Poke: ) then he would not have been escalating the situation, however, bu stopping and exiting the vehicle, thus "demanding" some sort of confrontation, he escalated things.

16. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Still trying to outsmart Mongo, aren't you, mule-skinner. You want him to think that you don't want him to go down there, but the subtle truth is you really *don't* want him to go down there!

Your miserable life is not worth the reversal of a Custer, er, Mongo decision.:tut:

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:crackup:

That's a little bit different that him recognizing little ole YOU. :D

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

The "MONGO WHO?" one?

19. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

It is amazing how prude this board can be. There would be nothing illegal in how those guys were riding in Europe, I was thinking that is probably about how fast I would have riddden that road. Beating that dudes ass would have done no good other than give them a sense of personal satisfaction. It was the right thing to call the law and get that idiot in the truck off the road before he kills someone.

20. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Curious to know if the folks crying foul at the bikers crossing the double yellow have ever:

- Driven over the speed limit (even 1mph, you're breaking the law)
    - Not come to a complete stop at a red light / stop sign
    - Driven while talking on the phone
    - Gone 26mph through a school zone
    - Had a few beers and driven home
    - Not signaled while changing lanes
    - etc etc

I'm 100% positive that every single person in their life has committed a traffic violation at some point or another (unwittingly or not). Therefore, we are all subject to vigilante violence/justice.

You had it coming!

PS: As someone who was hit and almost killed by a drunk driver (I was on my m/c). I hope that guy rots in hell.

Last edited: May 27, 2011