1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 kawaski kx250f good deal?

Discussion in 'General' started by Squigs, May 22, 2011.

1. Squigs

Squigs Well-Known Member

2007 kawaski kx250f
    owned by a detective in my area who is 48
    Only used it in his back yard when his son rode around on his 85(hes 9 i think)
    bike has about 11 hours on it.
    has title etc
    mint condition..never abused or ridden hard.

Hes asking $2800 for it.

I know hes legit, been working for him a day or 2 a week(he also owns a landscaping company which is what i do), when im not working for my main company.

Also a question, if you buy a new bike and make payments, is full insurance required like a car etc? If so, whats full coverage cost for a 250 bike on average a year?

2. Critter

Critter Registered

buy it

3. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

buy it up!!!! thats a steal for the prices bikes go for around here!

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I don't have insurance on mine, but I don't ride it on the street. I called my insurance agent to confirm that my homeowners would cover it while in the garage and auto while in the truck or trailer. Otherwise, it has to be written in a seperate policy, and I just didn't see any real advantages. Call your agent.

5. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

i know with state farm i can get coverage on my KX250 for $7/month (no collision)

6. AZ-MilleR

AZ-MilleR Well-Known Member

I just bought one a couple of months ago, as my first ever dirt bike, same thing, 2007 KX250F with around 10 hours on it. I have loved it every time I have been out on it. I had to clean the carbs and there is a ton of info on these on the forums at ThumperTalk.com. 2007's are a good bike. Not sure where you are, I am in the Phoenix, AZ area and got it for $2400.

7. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine got the same thing not too long ago and got a lucky deal for less than that. Think he paid 1500. Needed a carb cleaning but clean otherwise and not too many hours. More than 11, but not too many. 2000-2500 seems like a really good price for the '06-'08s. I've been looking for one myself, not specifically a Kawi, but any 250 4t. They're all around that except for the KTMs.

8. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Thats a decent deal if its really that low a time bike.

9. Squigs

Squigs Well-Known Member

Talked him down to 2600 :) He said bike probaly has 7 hours or so on it. Hes a 45 year old guy so.

Draining the old fuel and changing oil filter tonight

Anything else you guys suggest for these bikes? I dont know much about them, im all street bikes.

10. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Drain the fuel from the carb at the end of the days ride and it willstart much easier the next time you ride it. The crap they put in fuel these days clogs a pilot jet in a few days.

If it does not have one hour meters are nice to have on todays bikes and they only cost about $35.

11. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i would probably swap all fluids for the fun of it, give yourself a fresh start.
    clean air filter also.
    check your tire PSI, and know the terrain you will be riding. HUGELY important, for handling and grip. youll be surprised how low you can run them. on the mx track i go to i use about 15 psi. you want to avoid pinch flats.

get decent boots, foot/ankle breaks are extremely common with dirt bikes.

12. Squigs

Squigs Well-Known Member

13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yup, those work just fine. Wrap a few times around the spark plug wire.. zip tie it off (the wire after a few loops around the plug wire that is..). Be SURE to not just stick on.. drill the two 7/16" holes and screw it down or you will loose it. :)

14. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

When you are draining the oil on that bike, push the kickstart thru a few times with the drain plug out of it to get the oil out of the crankcase(it is isolated from the trans clutch and has a reed seperating the two).

Service and re-oil the air filter also.

Have Fun!

15. Squigs

Squigs Well-Known Member

How often do you guys change oil in these? Does it depend on "hours" or just how hard you ride it?

16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Awesome bike. Put a R&D bowl on it. What a difference that damn thing makes on power and immediate throttle

17. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

<---used to change oil after every ride (we'd ride for a few hours either MX or woods) and filter every other oil change

18. Squigs

Squigs Well-Known Member

damn..thats alot of money right there..

I know this is the typical question..but whats the top oil for 4 stroke bikes?

also whats a good site to order parts/oil/filters etc from? Or do you guys just go local dealer? figured online be cheaper

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

After every ride for me, and the parts come from the local dealer. Build a relationship with the parts guys and the internet won't be that much cheaper for long. Plus, you get to go to the motorcycle store. DUH! :D

20. cowboy600rr

cowboy600rr Well-Known Member

good deal! i just bought an '09 KX450f for my first dirt bike. thing is a friggin' beast and i'm lovin' every minute of it (to quote Loverboy - haha!). enjoy your new bike!