will my 05 ohlins fit an 07..

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Cody W., May 19, 2011.

1. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

want to put my 05 gsxr 600 ohlins shock on an 07 gsxr 600...will it fit.

2. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

No the 06 up is shorter

3. 2k61000

2k61000 kneedragging rookie

doesnt mean it doesnt fit... if its shorter, find out from some suspension guys if they are shimming out the rears... if so, then you might be lucky using your old one, as you might gain the height that ppl with 06+ shim with

4. Europa

Europa Open The Throttle

The problem here is that the K5-600 shock is too long at 332mm. K6-K9 600 shocks are 320mm and most shim and run them anywhere from 320 to 327. 332mm would put it on its nose in a very very bad way...Just my .02
    I guess you could run fork extender -7mm and that could work. Provided the shock physically fits. The Piggyback configuration/location can be an issue. A remote reservoir would be ideal.
    Additional you would have to re spring the shock the linkage ratio's are not the same. K6-K9 600’s have a higher rear spring rate requirement.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

12mm shim out back is way too tall.

6. Europa

Europa Open The Throttle

True, But running extender at -7mm would put it at +5 on the rear. :) It simply will raise the bike a bit. Not a bad thing considering these things drag footpegs like crazy

7. speedracer170

speedracer170 Well-Known Member

05 Shock is way to tall will throw off the geometry of the bike and will handle like crap, I just did this with my 09 just to see what it will do and it didn't work out.

8. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

Actually....if you have fork extenders the 05 shock will get you close. The Penske will go as low as 325 and the ohlins slightly more. 326-330 is a sweet sport for several different brands of tires.