Need bug help....what kind of bee/wasp is this??

Discussion in 'General' started by njracer, May 17, 2011.

1. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

She just found that....now I just have to convince her that the frozen hornet is not going to defrost and come back to life.:wow::crackup:

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

A picture of DaveK's junk should be arriving in your PM box shortly...

3. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I imagine a pic that stays permanently a thumbnail. Although sometimes the little guys can surprise you by being tripods.

4. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Absolutely the only bug I've ever stepped on ten times as a kid and it trucks along like nothing happened. Amazing little guys.

5. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

It's just a docile hornet

I thought NJ women were tough! Just have her smack the next one with a broom when it gets lost and wanders into the house

The worst that can happen is that someone gets stung. That's all over in less than an hour

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

It's funny, I was reading an article recently where they were discussing the possibility of releasing a type of Asian wasp in this area to eradicate the Stinkbugs pending tests (since they have no natural predators here). Not that wasp this is that, it just reminded me of the article.

7. njracer

I've only had one stinkbug in the house and that was yesterday....do not want any more!

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

We've had them by the hundreds in, out and about. I've had Viking here about four times spraying over the past year - those little bastards are resilient.

9. elevenn7

elevenn7 Well-Known Member

Those are some BIG F-ING bugs! You folks in the South have to deal with some serious shit.

10. njracer

I'm amazed I've only seen one in the house because the screen door on the slider is open all of the time (kids and dogs going in and out every 2 seconds).

11. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

If that's what I would call a sand hornet, very docile for the most part. But, they will sting you if you're dumb enough to swat one with the back of your hand. On a golf course I went to grab my ball from under a pine tree and one flew towards my face and I backhanded it pretty hard, next thing I know my hand is on fire!! That sucker actually latched on and stung the hell out of me. My hand swelled up pretty big and was sore for over a week. That's all. :)

12. Cider

Cider Member

I saw a tarantula hawk in the MMP paddock last summer. Gigantic bug, and its sting is supposedly awful.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Your penis knowledge is disturbing, not enlightening.

NTTIAWWT

:up:

14. krod524

krod524 Well-Known Member

I am so glad I live in Los Angeles.

We never have to worry about any bugs. :up:

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That's it. I've been stung by one before, NOT an experience I care to repeat. Ow ow ow m'fing ow.

16. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Stepped on one in the back yard, barefoot back in 1991 or so.

The worst pain ever, in my life. :wow:

Got me about 3 times, in the arch of my foot, I thought I had stepped on 100,000 volts.

Then the bastard flies away. :rolleyes:

My foot swelled up about like a football, I wasn't able to put a shoe on for several days. Walked on crutches. Then of course, the deep internal itch as it healed up.. :mad:

They are bad ass motherf*ckers - keep far, far away. :eek:

17. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

I love these threads, it's kinda like Click and Clack meet Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom...

18. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Scorpions... I hate. THOSE things sting but good.

19. bus

bus Monkey with a football

I know a guy that got nailed in the ballsack by a scorpion down in El Paso. It hit him several times before he could detach it.

20. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

naked desert peyote trip?