1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Government Shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Sacko DougK, Apr 7, 2011.

1. wsmcrobert

wsmcrobert Well-Known Member

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The fact that there is still squabbling over who "won" is profoundly sad.

"We have a bastard Patriotism, a sarcasm, a burlesque; but we have no such thing as a public conscience. Politically we are just a joke."- Mark Twain

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Once again the Republicans have caved in.....39 billion....big whoop. I'm blaming the Republicans for loosing their balls and caving in to the media whoopla spun by the Democrats. What ever happen to "Do what's right"?

Now we have another 1.5 trillion (yes trillion). Not that I expected them to correct it all at once...and true most of that $1.5E12 (that's 12 zeros!) has already been spent through fiscal year 2011 ending this September...BUT DAMN, 39 billion isn't even a dent! :Puke:

That's like walking in to a fancy restaurant when you're totally broke, buying the best $150 dollar steak dinner on your credit card and forgoing a $4 after dinner coffee because you're trying to save money. WTF!

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Are you serious? Read the link to see some facts and figures.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/04/09/who-won-shutdown-showdown-it-wasnt-even-close

7. Alter Ego

Alter Ego Registered User

The next biggie will be the ceiling on the national debt. On this latest, we all lost the battle. If we lose the next one, and they don't get serious about cutting spending, we will have lost the war. We have met the enemy and he is us.

8. vance

vance *

Off topic; Is this Dave K's alter ego?
    Anyway, we lose either way on the debt ceiling. We only have a few options with our situation:
    1. Print more money, and milk goes to $10 a gallon, killing old women and little children. :rolleyes:
    2. Don't print money, cut spending and watch the economy tank again, killing old women and little children.:rolleyes:
    Either way we are screwed. I'm thinking in my current situation, hyper inflation is the best option. Most of my loans are fixed, and fortunately I'm in a position to where I can negatiate my pay from job to job.
    I think I'm at the point where I say print away and let's ride this roller coaster all the way to the bottom of the hill.:D

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Absolutely! Squabbling over 10,20 or even 60 billion to see who won is rediculous. When we have a budget and a deficit that is many times more out-of-whack then the cuts that are being fought over. I could give a flying f**k who won. WE ALL LOST. The inevitable crisis will hardly be affected by what the politicians have been fighting over. Let the jackwagons crow over their political might! Looks like we have to clean house AGAIN. One of these days they're gonna listen.:mad: