1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone want a MotoGp Duc?

Discussion in 'General' started by turbulence, Mar 26, 2011.

1. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Hey Pete, take the Ferrari back.......

3. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

great post!
    I always wondered what they sold for or if they were ever for sale. I always thought maybe some huge investor, etc would just line up the purchase prior to the end of the season...
    Only problem is I had never been on "jameslist" before... now I can sit around and waste a whole weekend dreaming! Lol...

Ride safe,
    AAron

4. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

I call BS, not on the OP, just on the Price. My gut says No Way factory is gonna let one go for 285K, euro, whatever. Especially a Current year Developement bike???

I think that's way low, but hey who am I

Those are stock photos I've seen before, anybody could make that add.

Colin

5. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Ducati would sell it. Maybe I'll buy it and send it to China for reverse engineering. :D

I'm glad at least they are not crushing them like the 500's. That was a waste.

6. Howscat95

Howscat95 Active Member

the USD conversion is $407k, thats too low?

7. r6racer75

r6racer75 Well-Known Member

€ 285,000
    approx. $ 402,278
    you can change the currency right on the site

8. r6racer75

r6racer75 Well-Known Member

So the question is: IF you have the money to buy one, which would it be? The Stoner race bike or the Rossi development bike?

9. cowboy600rr

cowboy600rr Well-Known Member

I guess that's not legal for Senior Superbike, huh? :)

10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Meh, I'll pass. I'm holding out for a first gen model, preferrably the one Capirossi or Bayliss won on.

11. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

12. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

why is the seller listed as being in Dubai???

13. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

14. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I always thought they did nto sell off these bikes until that race class was over. The 800cc class is still in use, so I am curious why Ducati (or any other manufacturer) would let a current platform out to someone else.

I know the Ducati is "garbage" but it still has the potential to win and podium...so I can't see Ducati releasing any bike info out until the class is closed out.

15. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

They usually don't, if they ever do sell them off as whole bikes. Just like those Nigerian princes, those for sale ads are scams.

Why would an Irish power company be selling a Ducati located in Italy, but you have to contact Dubai to buy it...let alone multiple people/companies attempting to sell the exact same bike?

16. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

17. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

Ducati does sell their motogp bikes, iirc capirossi's bike went for 250K. They also service them

18. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Yes they do. I don't know the process personally, but I've read repeatedly from reliable sources that if you have the cash, you can buy yourself a true Motogeepee Duc.

Only manufacturer currently doing this, as far as I know.

19. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Would be cool to own Rossi's development 2011 bike. Sooner or later that would have to have to have some collection value to it. Regardless.. I cant afford it so its all a dream.

20. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

Yep