Ktm rc8r raffle

Discussion in 'General' started by barkley57, Feb 25, 2011.

1. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

The Roadracing World Action Fund thanks you for your support, Bob!

2. barkley57

barkley57 Well-Known Member

Sold three tickets today. So far the total tickets sold is 24. Not to bad for just a week into the raffle but I predicted at least 50 by now, but hey that's the way it goes.

So, let's make it happen WERA/CCS/AMA/every organization out there, as I know there has to be well over 250 subscribers to this forum. Let's do this! Spread the word with your fellow rider, friend or family member and help me get these tickets sold so that one of you can race this thing. We need airfence at every race if possible as I know it makes me feel more comfortable and want to push it more knowing there is a wall of air to protect me.

For those of you that have already purchased, I thank you so much as I have seen many riders/racers across this country step up and make the donation......it means alot! Last year I donated to the fund but many times I would talk myself out of it by saying "maybe next time or $100...what." But in the end when you see your fellow rider tuck the front and head into the wall at TURN 4 at Summit Point and your right behind him thinking "I hope he's OK, I hope he's OK." Then you find out later that he missed the airfence by 6 feet because there was not enough to go around, you think to yourself, well why not. Guys, we need the protection. Help out this fund if you can.

So those of us that were racing back then remember Vincent Haskovic:

Haskovec Injured At Infineon
    czech rider airlifted from the track
    by staff
    Sunday, May 15, 2005
    This in from Team M4 EMGO Suzuki:

HASKOVEC INJURED AT INFINEON

Team M4 EMGO Suzuki's Vincent Haskovec suffered a serious injury from a crash at Infineon Raceway on Saturday. The 31-year old Czech-born rider was transported by helicopter to the Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital. The team is currently awaiting a full report from the doctors.

Vincent fell victim to a crash in a high-speed corner in the Formula Xtreme race, slid through a grassy area, and came into contact with a steel barrier fronted by a single row of tires. There were no soft barriers in the turn.

3. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I really don't care if I win ;)
    Good for you Robert, thanx for the oportunity to give & hopefully receive.
    Best of luck fellers,
    Ciaran

4. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I will most likely hit you up for one or two next week. Great cause but I would love to race a RC8R : )

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Based on what I have observed here over the years, 250 tickets is a really ambitious goal at $100 a pop. You're going to need help from companies that were going to donate money to the fund anyway and might be willing to forgo their potential winning ticket to individuals entering the raffle to win the bike. Just my opinion.

6. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

I'll be in to buy another ticket this weekend!

7. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Just bought one

8. barkley57

Count is 28.

I agree with getting companies involved into donating, but how? Not sure how to approach that.

Help anyone?

9. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

It might sound a bit overkill, but a FB contest / Fanpage would help spread the word.

I started one but didn't publish it yet. PM sent.

10. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Well-Known Member

I linked this to 4 other forums. Hope that helps.

11. trancework

trancework It's always now...

I sent a "chance it back for $100" email to the dude I bought mine from... great guy! And linked another forum where the consensus is that the bike's "ugly"--but I know if it was in their garage, they'd all thrash and flog it with extreme prejudice! :D The bright side--only 220-something tix left until one of us gets this thing!

12. desmoworks

desmoworks Well-Known Member

It's going to be hard to do it at $100/ticket...just too much money for the average person. We sold 2500 tickets for $40 each totaling $100,000 when we raffled of a D16RR for charity last year through Pro Italia. We sold out very easily and were turning people away who wanted to continue to buy. For the RC8 I'd think $20 max per ticket if you want to get this thing going. You've also got to promote it all over. Press, blogs, forums, etc.. Good luck either way.

13. barkley57

Thanks to all of you helping to promote this. I thought about selling tickets at $20, 40 or 50 bucks each but also had the mindset that it would take forever to sell the amount of tickets to cover the cost of the bike and raise money for the AFF. I asked a lot of people how they felt about $100 and the consensus was it was affordable and better the odds of winning. Many said that if the price of ticket was set at 20/40/50 dollars they would end up buying at least 100 anyways.

14. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

We're not average people :)
    I'd pay $500/tix
    1 in 50 chance of winnin. I'm sure there's 50 guys on here that would take that gamble.

15. 92cobra

92cobra Well-Known Member

I'm going hit you up for one or two this week! Think of the bigger picture here, we are potentially saving someones life.

16. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Well-Known Member

Exactly. And on top of all that, we get a chance to win a bike.. We live in an awesome world!

Got my ticket in the mail Bob. I'll be at you for two more this week for sure.

17. trancework

trancework It's always now...

[​IMG]

Lazlo: "These are entries into the Frito Lay sweepstakes. No purchase necessary, enter as often as you want so I am." Chris: "That's great! How many times?" Lazlo: Well, this batch makes it 1,650,000. I should win 32.6 percent of the prizes including the car."

In for 2 more!

18. Peeweesp

Peeweesp Well-Known Member

ill be in for one. ill give ya a call this week!

Anything for a chance to own an RC8, i figure i have spent 100$ on worse things and this is a great cause!!

19. shatteringstar

shatteringstar race day dreamer

what happens if we dont get 250 tix sold?

20. TeleRomeo

TeleRomeo Wanna go WFO?!

Linking to my main forum!!!