1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP: Stacy Summers former WERA racer

Discussion in 'General' started by J. WILLOW, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

Jerod please email me your phone number as I will be driving up from WV for the services. Christian

2. Zepp

Zepp Well-Known Member

My condolences to all the family and friends during this sad and difficult time.

R.I.P. Stacy

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

4. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

RIP.......

5. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

6. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

7. alrova

alrova Well-Known Member

8. sk8rat

sk8rat Well-Known Member

May the Lord be with him and his family RIP

9. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

Rest in Peace, Stacy.

10. grantourin_90

grantourin_90 Well-Known Member

11. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

Rest in Peace.

12. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

He was trying to start a friend's KTM that would not start. Tied a rope to a truck in the parking lot to bump start it and when it turned over the throttle stuck. Not sure if he hit the back of the truck towing him or another. Will find out more at the funeral service. I am having a hard time with this one... Rip Stacy Christian

13. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Stacy rode with me on an endurance team I put together at VIR in 2000 which also had Ryan Meskimem and Ricky Ford. He started the race and I was always proud that we were the second to last team to pit (he ran almost an hour and a half and only AOD went longer). We were third in class until 10 minutes from the end when we had an oil leak and got black flagged. We ended up fifth.

He had the attributes you want in an endurance teammate. You need to ride as fast as you can on a bike that may not be set up or fitted for you, and do this without complaint. You need to help out in the pits when you're not riding, be pleasant even if everything's not going perfectly, pay your bill at the end of the race, and have a good time doing all this. At the end of the day you need to sit down and have some laughs while you relive the race, and he did all of this, and was pretty quick too!

I hope the rubber is warm and the track is clean where he's going.

RIP Buddy!

Attached Files:

14. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Very sorry to read of this.

Rest in peace, racer - godspeed :(

15. dsting

dsting ouch, brake, ouch

Sorry to hear this. RIP.

16. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

17. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

18. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

Godspeed Stacy :(
    thanks for the picture Joe.

19. Gonzo

Gonzo Maybe you should drive...

rip brother

20. J. WILLOW

J. WILLOW Well-Known Member

Attended viewing yesterday, Stacy will be buried wearing his Arai RX7 race helmet and supermoto gear.