1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please join me in a shot for the old man

Discussion in 'General' started by trancework, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

It's guys like your dad I have the most profound respect for...I knew guys like your dad, guys who not only served but stuck around to pass on what they had learned to the next generation, and the next...You'd be amazed at how many lives those senior NCO's and mustang officers who stuck around for the long haul touch. I bet there's guys alive today because of your dad, people he'd have never imagined that learned from him and carried what they learned for the rest of their lives...

A toast? Hell yeah...and a salute! FIDO, Sir!

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

RIP Mr Atkins
    We can tell you are proud of him, I'll bet he was proud of you also.

3. Turbo storm

Turbo storm Well-Known Member

Hats off to your father. May he rest in peace.

4. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

RIP Sir. Thank you......

5. Rodney Vest #310

Rodney Vest #310 Well-Known Member

Make sure he gets the proper funeral. We have units all over that their job is to provide 21 gun salutes for burial details. If this is something your family would like to do just call DC and they will assign the closest unit to provide services. Once you find out who will be providing the services call them and ask what support will they be providing. Sometimes they say they don't have enough bodies for the full 21 guns. If they say that get there name/rank and call me and I will make it happen 843-321-1018 MSgt Vest USMC:up:

6. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

thank you for sharing his story and may he rest in peace.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I've only posted in one other RIP thread (Peter Lenz) but since my brother is a Marine this one hits close to home. RIP Sgt Atkins.

8. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

Hell of a MAN (and as always a MARINE) Thank you for sharing his story with us. May he rest in peace. Godspeed.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  9. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

What a legacy he left for his family, friends and those he protected. RIP and know that you will not be forgotten.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Rest in peace. Your heroism will live on forever.

11. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

WOW! Good read! What an awesome eulogy. Reading that story makes me think of my real father, whom I have never met. Lost in Vietnam? One day I hope I can find out what happened before I die.
    It's awesome that you were able to hear stories of your Dad's service to his country.

RIP Marine.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

R.I.P.

13. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

14. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

my condolences to you and your family

RIP Marine:bow:

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

A true American hero. He left the world a better place for his being there. RIP soldier.

Prayers and condolences sent to your family.

16. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Respect.

RIP

17. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Heroic. RIP, Marine.

18. tommyd273

tommyd273 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss, at fifty, losing my dad was the absolutely toughest day of my life.

Godspeed to you and all of his loved ones.

19. TJ

TJ Livin in a bubble

Thank you very much for sharing! RIP Marine

20. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

A true American hero, unsung until now.

May your father Rest in Peace.