Am I getting old or . . .

Discussion in 'General' started by theTank, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

I got all the crap details for like 3 years after that happened

Air show in town. Traffic was back up til next Tuesday. I was riding the copsicle on the shoulder of the road to get to the latest reported accident. Some considerate folks in the 2 travel lanes heading the same directoin I was decided to stop and let the Mercedes make a left turn into a parking lot. FXRP met the right front wheel of the Mercedes. I think I made it 12 feet in the air before I decided the landing - at the base of a utility pole {no Airfence :mad: } - was gonna hurt.

Luckily, I had demanded a 3/4 helmet instead of the shorty, 'cause I landed on my skullion just below the point where the hard shell of a shorty would have ended.

Final tally: FXRP totaled. Mercedes damages $5k. Me: broken left wrist, tailbone, ribs, right thumb. Closed head injury just this side of full scambled brains with minor swelling. 2 operations to set the wrist with plate and screws. Had dizzy spells/disorentation/nausea that came and went for more than 2 years.

Crashed in my first race back - at Pocono 7 weeks after the street crash. Somehow, I still came in 2nd in V4 that year.

Most memorable moment: Vintage racer Jake Coye (of Rochester Road Racers fame) sent me a get-well card with the hand-written missive: "A real man would have crashed at the track."

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

C'mon, admit it, she was hot, you asked her out, and she said. "who me, go out with you?" Then you got ticked off and made up the Ronnie thing. :)

3. theTank

theTank "You're my BOY, Blue!"

Damn you, Rob Linders! I don't even know you, and you have found me out! :eek:

4. WhiteKnight01

WhiteKnight01 Racer wahnahbee

I saw Titanic II!!! It was called Raise the Titanic. Funny thing though, it came out before the Titanic movie.

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:up: I don't know you either, but with your comments about the clerk, I feel like I do. I'm sure I'd have a blast drinking a beer with you. Plus one of my best friends growing up is known as Tank and I think about him every time I see your posts.

6. theTank

theTank "You're my BOY, Blue!"

Thank you, Rob Linders! That is quite the compliment with this crowd. :up: The first round is on me!