1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 900SS For Sale or Trade

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by tsflstb, Oct 28, 2010.

1. tsflstb

tsflstb Well-Known Member

'99 900SSie. Clean title. 26,000 miles with lots of service history. Thousands in aftermarket upgrades. As much as I like it, I don't get out on the street too often and I'd like to get a smaller and more "crashable" bike to run at the track.

Looking for $4300 or a trade + cash for a something like an SV650, EX250, 500, FZR400, 600, etc. in the $2000-2500 range. Doesn't have to be pretty but I do want something mechanically solid and ready to ride.

I'm on the north side of Houston.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ferraci Power Commander with full “Forza” exhaust
    K&N open air-box mod with freshly cleaned and oiled filter
    CRG roll-a-click levers
    Ducati performance lightweight pressure plate w/Barnett springs
    Evolutizone clutch slave cylinder
    Open clutch cover
    Carbon fiber timing belt and sprocket cover
    Ignition stabilizer
    Ducshop fender eliminator
    STM billet aluminum crank breather w/ K&N filter
    New chain and sprockets
    Fresh oil and filter (Mobil 1)
    Fresh brake/clutch fluid
    Bridgestone BT-016s (less than 500 miles)
    Zero Gravity windscreen
    New battery
    New larger 6 gauge wiring to the starter motor
    New fiber gasket in place of factory sealant (no oil leaks)
    Nichols double flywheel jamb nuts (a must have - long story)
    Front brake pads replaced, rears checked out fine
    Sargent seat

It was given the full treatment at Motorcycles Unlimited in June to the tune of $961. This included valve adjustment/shims/new belts/pulleys/valve guides and seals. I’ve put about 50 miles on it since then. Patrick commented it was a strong motor - compression was great, cam lobe and valve rocker finish looked fine.

I have a box full of parts to go with it - all original levers clutch master/slave, plastic engine covers, windscreen, original seat etc...

Email me here or call 8three2-216-6one0six

Thanks.

2. The Trav

The Trav Well-Known Member

man i miss that bike

3. tsflstb

Hey Travis. It was a great deal and a cheap way to get into Ducatis. Had some bad luck with the alternator nut, but now that's all sorted out and it's ready to go. I spent a good bit on service and repairs, now all it needs is somebody to use it.

I realized I won't be riding on the street much until my kids are older. It seems a little too nice to just run trackdays but if it doesn't sell I'll still enjoy it out there a few days a year.

4. Cattani

Cattani Assfault Junkies

Pretty ride. I miss mine too.

5. tsflstb

Still for sale and wishing I'd traded for a track bike sooner...

[​IMG]

You can see it was a pretty slow lowside. The bike suffered some cosmetic damage but still runs and handles fine. I've been riding it on the street with no fairing for the last couple of weeks. No dents in the fuel tank, the upper fairing took the worst of it and is all that really needs to be replaced. I'll probably get it all prettied up again this winter, but would entertain some offers or trades now.

6. tsflstb

Here's a post - crash video and some pics. Everything still works fine.

I'm looking for $3600 or some type of trade for an ex250, sv650, or motard.

Located in Houston, but I travel from here to Atlanta quite a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_JK0rxNbgQ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Olay

Olay Well-Known Member

Which track is that?

8. tsflstb

That was Grandsport down in Hitchcock.

Here it is again with a few changes. It's got a nice solid fairing and windscreen that weigh a few pounds less and actually work a little better than the original. The front fairing stay was modified a bit to still use the stock hardware. Everything lines up and bolts on nicely. Lights (one FZR600 headlamp), mirrors, blinkers (not shown but are going on tonight) and everything is there and working again.

The only remaining crash damage I haven't fixed is a scrape on the left rear fairing, a small scrape on the left muffler, and some battery acid drips on the frame.

I've dumped another $400 into parts and would like to get $3750 for it now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

Looks better now than before the crash!