Nelson's?

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, Jun 23, 2003.

1. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

I got into the mid 32s petty consistently while chasing Kevin Keys in the SuperMono race Sunday.

2. sigliteF4

sigliteF4 3r337 h4x0r

I had a pretty good weekend at Nelson ("pretty good" being relative) and actually finished in the points for the first time ever. I'm sure a big part of that was the turn-out. But points in the meat grinder are points in the meat grinder. It was amazing to me how fast the "fast guys" were on that track. I was in a constant state of terror turning 1:19s... I simply can't imagine 1:12s.

Nelson beat the crap out of me. I couldn't walk yesterday morning when I rolled out of bed. Everything hurt. No track that I've run has put that much abuse on my body. Hell, my quads and groin muscles are still quite sore.

I had a blast, but I really wish they'd grind that entire track down to a uniform grade, and resurface it. I'm glad the "new" management is considering resurfacing t1-3, but in reality, that entire track needs resurfaced. Pat (our constantly toiling crew chief type guy) called it a "jig-saw puzzle." I can't think of a more accurate description.

3. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Hey Keith...congrats on the points. I wouldn't know, but I'm sure that's a good feeling. Hope the ramp works out for you and that you never need the pipe. :D

4. sigliteF4

sigliteF4 3r337 h4x0r

Ramp

Hey, thanks for the deal on it. The ramp works great. It's a little long for the bed of my truck, but I need a ramp most for getting loaded at home before the race. And thanks for the pipe as well. I hope I never need it either, but it's great to have it just in case.

5. RacerGirl117

Re: Ramp

No prob. I'm just glad I don't have to move it again. :) It came all the way from California with me in the back of my Ford Ranger. I'll be sure and introduce myself next time we're in the same place (now that I know who you are).

Take care,
    Jess

6. peterhaulintail469

peterhaulintail469 Orange-u Racing 469

thanks for the recognition, after a race weekend talking about it is the best thing this bbs is good for! Alot of times you pit away from people and dont get a chance to really talk about some of the things that happened, or you are in a hurry to get packed up on Sunday.

I agree about what Nik said, had the PN pro-ama dirtbiker not been where he was in the race, scary shit squaring off the turns like he was.....he used the outside entry of T4 like a dirt berm, but had I put my move on him sooner we all would have went faster in that solo20. Really, it took me awhile to realize he was predictable with his line or off line....lol. If he learns to lean it in he will be really fast, I have no clue how he did it. I was angry at first, until WERA officials explained his AMA license. I talked too him afterwards, Scot I think his name, and he was the nicest kid and was really receptive to the advice I gave him.

I can't wait till Barber, but I have to admit, the North Central attendance there appears to be minimal. It will be fun hanging with some of the SE boys again though. Hopefully, Laroche, Morgan, and Eichler(sp) will not be good in the rain there cause it's gonna pour!!!!!! I'll hold onto that dream....lol. Jerry, better bring your icyhott! Hopefully, we get some good grids down there cause four laps is scary! Thinkin of doing two solo12's now.

One more thing, congrats to Breeden!

7. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Hey all - thought I'd throw my 2 cents in also. First of all I want to say congrats to my travel partner, Bill Stranahan (aka SlowOhioBoy) for coming to Nelson and getting a win his first time there! He did it in C-Superbike Nov I think. The guy just kicked ass all day Sunday(beat me in B-Superstock:eek: ).

...as for me, I got to race with Larry Denning on Saturday in the combined HWSolo 20 (expert/novice) race and I have to tell ya'll that I passed him twice!:D woohoo! I knew Larry was testing the corners for traction in the light drizzle but, what the hell, I passed him anyway!:Poke:

Wish I could have run with my teammate Ben Lingel though...he was another one kicking ass on Sunday. 3 wins! B-SS, C-SS, F1 - great job Ben, Jerry, Pete, Bill, Joe, Lord and all the rest....I'll do better when I don't have a friggin cold/flu thing goin on!

Now it's on to Barber;)

8. slowohioboy

slowohioboy Well-Known Member

Thanks Jeff:beer:

Did you change your mind about Barber?, IF so Good luck down there.

9. rwball111

rwball111 Well-Known Member

stupid track

just kidding, the track is fine, just don't have good luck there.
    I still don't know who it was that took me out in c-ss ex, turn one.
    Oh well. I'll be back out to play in about 6wks when the broken left wrist heals. :mad:
    I didn't get to finish a single race all weekend. :(
    Congrats to Knucks for a great weekend and everyone else for some great riding.
    later
    Randy

10. peterhaulintail469

we all were bummin for ya Randy, You ran soooo good in practice with Sherman and Knux....I just knew you were gonna have a big weekend.....I guess I should have left the "new leathers" story for when we we were done on Sunday and not before the races. Mollie wanted me to tell you and Mickey, Randy and Jill, and Mary and Ed she had the best time hanging out with you all and she is looking forward to Putnam. Now we gotta get Rick an umbrella girl......

11. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

What do you mean with only 4 lap sprints and solo12's? Do you know something we all do not? Why are they running such short races or, are you being sarcastic??

12. mickey

mickey Well-Known Member

Congrats to you and Knux for an awewsome weekend.
    Glad to hear that seeing the downside of racing didn't scare Mollie off.

And again thanks to everyone who helped get the bike in working order Saturday only to turn around and help us again on sunday. I was sure glad that I didn't have to be the one to figure out how to tie the bike down.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did you miss all the Barber threads or something?

Either way it's all good. We're going to limit entries so we don't have to split too many classes (which shouldn't be a big deal) and run the laps as originally scheduled unless the laptimes are way slower than anticipated.

14. peterhaulintail469

no problem at all Mickey, it was awesome that Knux could ride her back to the Pitts. It would have been tiring pushing it back from T1! So is there no surgery for Randy, I guess it will heal in an air cast huh? Mollie has seen some crashes, but let's hope that's the worst she see's of racing's dark side! I really thought that the weekend went really smooth. I don't recall one red flag, a couple of ambulances but no red flag.

I didn't get too see many of the Novice 600-750 races due to being on 1st call and what not, but I wanted to congrat Bill aka slowohioboy.....that's an awesome showing beating Agnus....cold or no cold:Poke:

15. R6CHIC

R6CHIC no member

hey petey~
    mollie is such a sweetheart! it was so great to meet her and hang out. i am looking forward to seeing her and you again soon! we should get the cincy/indy crowd all together soon to get dinner/drinks and hang out on the river.

~jill

16. peterhaulintail469

I agree on the get together, we need Fite and Scrugg's there too! Them dude's are a riot and Fite's girl is super cool too. Mollie wishes she could make Barber, but she'll be there for the AMA stuff at Mid-O. When I first started dating Mollie, I didn't think she would make it past the May races....now, she is my little crew chief!!!! That whole Mid-O week will be so much fun, she is all excited about seeing you all again!

Jill, make surel Randy pits with us, vanHorn, Lordie, and the Steimels. I talked to Telley and he is driving down on Thursday too. Wait till everyone gets a dose of our buddy from Florida that's coming to Barber- He is soooooo freakin funny!

17. mickey

mickey Well-Known Member

Pete,
    He saw the ortho yesterday. They put a cast on it for now. He has to go back moday for more x-rays at that point they will decide if it's healing. If not then he will gp back under the knife.

18. Shane_6r

Shane_6r Team Squid Racing

I only have one point to ponder.

Those of you who want Nelson totally repaved smooth.

How freaking boring of a track would it be? :Puke:

19. RacerGirl117

Oh, I see how it is. We're not good enough to be introduced to your girlfriend? ;)

Be sure you tell us where y'all are pitting so we know where not to. hehe :D :p

Who's throwing the party at Mid-O?

20. R6CHIC

R6CHIC no member

Petey
    Tell miss Mollie that I cannot make Barber either but will be up for the Mid-O weekend to hang out. Unfortunately, I cannot miss work to watch the WERA races. =( But there had better be some fun left to be had after the racing is over! oh my that was poor grammar construction.

jilliana