1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overall Championship

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Ok, using Stick's methodology, unzip it and whip it... add up your points from 2010. I did it without including solo 20's and scoring the one race I actually finished at GNF:

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

See, it wasn't even hard to do was it?

3. Dits

Took about sixty seconds with a calculator.

4. stickboy274

No advanced math or higher IQ needed?

5. Dits

Please note that I performed this mathmatical trickery all by myself.

6. GCBusa

GCBusa Well-Known Member

This seems a lot more reasonable to me. My whole issue was somebody racking up a zillion points in region X which is known to not have the same turnout and/or talent as region Y but then still being considered the "Overall Champion" of all regions.

Overall Champion per region :up:

Now, the only thing left is to take all of the regional overall champions as qualifiiers for the overall overall championship at the GNF. I've got to get the GNF results into this formula somehow. :D

7. stickboy274

Well, that settles it. Anyone with fingers and toes can do it.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You know what's cracking me up? Mongo's first entry in the thread is going to be "No." :D

9. stickboy274

I'm expecting the same thing. At least we should have it all hashed for him by then.

10. That is highly likely. A lot of people/orgs/businesses etc are reluctant to change. But i honestly think it would be a good idea to give it a try.

Several of us have said we would enter more races to chase an overall championship and im sure once the word got out (to non-beebers) there would be many others.

...but the biggest positive to this idea is that it doesnt automatically cost WERA nor any individuals any more money (as in higher fees etc) doesnt cut anybody's track time, nor does it remove any classes from the schedule (like some of the other ideas for bring more people to the grids).

Oh well, if Sean/Evelyne doesn't go for it, no harm done. It was just an idea.

11. stickboy274

Plus it has the Stickboy seal of approval

12. What else is needed? :confused:

:D

13. Dits

Come on, the guy does listen.

He gave us North Florida back around this time last year. :up:

14. Very good point :up:

If they don't do it, i am sure they will have his reasons. But i can't see a downside to trying it; it doesnt cost anybody anything.

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Is it all sticky?

16. stickboy274

Of course it is. That's how I seal it.

17. stickboy274

I'm talking about elmers glue.

what were you thinking?

18. While the Overall Regional Champion makes sense for the reasons i stated earlier, i really was hoping it would be more a National thing simply so I could race in whatever region had a race going on at that time and have it count for something.

I know that sounds selfish :D, but im sure there are lots of people out there like me who would love to race in more than 1 region (and have more opportunities for races to fit in their personal schedules) and have those races count towards a Championship.

19. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

True, after reading about 4 pages and getting bored because it reads like a similar topic on the NEAR List, I just leafed through the rest of the pages, looking for Mongo's response. Nothing. I have a feeling that it will be a very well thought out "No." :D