Inde Motorsport Ranch with TI2TT

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Reapper, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Reapper

Reapper Active Member

Who has attended an event with TI2TT at IMR? What was your experience with them and what do you think could have gone better if anything? BTW the 2011 schedule is up at Take It 2 The Track Thanks for any input.

2. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

I haven't been to a day at inde with ti2tt....but I really don't plan on it. Between the cost, and the rules I don't have much interest. From what I understand, simple lowsides and you're done for the day with zero chance to retech...Add that in with zero tyre support....

Also if you get caught doing a simple wheelie, you're booted also.

i'll keep supporting ESP and their amazing track days they've done at Inde.

3. Reapper

Reapper Active Member

On the crash policy your pretty much right but they have their reasons. TI2TT use to allow people to get reteched but they had people go back on track and missed something like a small rock getting stuck in the throttle and when the person went full throttle the rock got stuck and held it open. So they chose to be more cautious. Also it does depend on other details. Of the crashes I've seen there, the bikes were not able to be put back on the track anyhow. As for tire support what do you mean? Most of the time Even Steel is there with their crew doing tire changes and suspension setups. As for take offs and what not I think they typically have some. Plus a couple other vendors show up as well. Inde is more for the car guys but TI2TT was the first motorcycle crew to get setup there. I haven't heard of any other groups looking to run track days there. If they did I'd probably still go. As for wheelies, if your doing it alot and on purpose then yeah you'll get booted. But you are told that at the start. If Chris Paris can set the track record and not do wheelies then I'm sure the rest of us can to. Thank you for your comments thou I do hope to see more people out there. Last track day of the year we had our best turn out and I'd love to see more people.

4. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

So you're a rep for ti2tt I take it?

ESP only services Dunlop...I'm a big fan of bridgestones...

ESP does run track days at inde, and they're awesome. Ccs sw will also have track days at inde next year.

I don't care how fast someone is...if I occasionally do a wheelie and it gets me sent home...then I won't support your organization.

5. Reapper

Reapper Active Member

I'm not a rep I do work for them as a corner worker. If it's a power wheelie and not all the time then we don't say anything but if you keep doing it over and over and over and over. Then a control rider may talk to you and see whats going on. This is the same policy with TrackDaz and Team AZ. Didn't know that ESP was doing track days open to everyone but I can see why they would. I also have heard rumors of CCS doing some time there which would be awesome. This track is great and the guys that operate the place are always willing to help. With that I mean Berry and his guys. As for Jerry, Kevin and Steve (TI2TT Guys). They are always willing to help out customers with any questions or concerns. I will admit I'm very partial to this place. I suffer thru a 3 hour drive down on Friday's, work the corners on Saturday, then ride Sunday, have to pack up and drive 3 hours home on Sunday after riding all day long. It is way better than Firebird and worth the drive.

TI2TT's set up is that you get 20 min sessions in standard 3 group arrangement. As a worker we only get a 15 min break at lunch time and really for the guys that have to go pick up bikes that have crashed in the 1st half of the day, and couldn't be ridden off, they don't have a break. Track hot at 8am, cold at 5pm. So thats 8 20min sessions and 1 15min session. With TI2TT's crash policy it allows everyone to keep on track for their full sessions and not have to stop the people on track to go and pick up a bike. To put this in context. If your having a good run and everything is working right for you but someone went down. You get to keep on the track without any delay's. You might have to slow down a little bit the next time around but you don't have to get off track to wait for someone else to have their bike picked up. Along with that, if it was near the end of the session now your done and the next group is getting shorted as well because of it. During last season we only had to throw a red flag once maybe twice. I think our last track day of the year we had the most wrecks we've ever had but the track never stopped moving and the majority of the people got the most track time they could handle.

Ok well I've rambled on long enough. Please don't think I'm attacking you, I'm just saying why they have the polices they do and to show that they are for trying to provide the most track time in the safest way possible. These are for any TI2TT track days, being Cali, Nevada and Arizona.

Anybody else been there?

6. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

My first time out at IMR was a Ti2TT day. It went very well, very good at keeping time schedule. They are strict on rules, but It's for everyone's benefit. They would not let me run on Saturday because my right fork leg was weepy, but i got it sorted and they let me switch to the following Sunday. Nice guys, would definitely run with them again.

7. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

Yup, I have done a few Ti2tt days, at INDE and chuck.

Nice guys, very professional and friendly, but yeah their crash policy sucks.

I dont care so much for the wheelies, because unless you just won a race, (intentional) wheelies dont belong on the race track.

8. AZ-MilleR

AZ-MilleR Well-Known Member

Xcel Trackdays has released their schedule, available on their home page (www.xceltrackdays.com) and it includes dates at Inde.

9. SV650R

SV650R GSXR ASSASSIN

I did one track day with TI2TT... My first time at Inde so I was taking it very easy... However, I had in my mind "Don't crash, don't crash here..." all day long... I think by the end of the day I made song that had a tune to it...

I am really looking foreward for Xcel Track Days... They have the same 20 minutes ride schedule, but their crash policy is much more relaxed... Not because I plan on crashing... But because I don't want to think about "Not Crashing" all day... Maybe go a bit more than 80%...

Luis

PS: This is Xcell Schedule for Inde Motorsports Ranch:

SATURDAY, APRIL 30
    SUNDAY, MAY 1
    SATURDAY, MAY 21
    SATURDAY, JUNE 4
    SUNDAY, JUNE 5
    SATURDAY, AUGUST 27
    SUNDAY, AUGUST 28
    SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 17

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  10. Reapper

Reapper Active Member

Sweet glad to see other trackday organizations are going to Inde.

11. rsixxer

rsixxer Well-Known Member

Thats awesome, seeing as inde is so close... Lots of oppurtunities to get out there.

12. Reapper

Reapper Active Member

Can't wait till March (first weekend at Inde). If anybody needs help with anything while your at the track don't be afraid to ask people wearing the Inde or TI2TT shirts. If they don't know the answer to your questions they can certainly point you in the right direction.