1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawasaki issues stop sell on 2011 ZX-10

Discussion in 'General' started by Sweetpea, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Banned

I don't know specifics but apparently it's a durability issue. They are picking up the bikes from dealers who have them.

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

3. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

4. LWGP

LWGP Well-Known Member

source, please.

also, please post more pictures of the girl in your avatar.

Hanks!

5. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

6. zracer196

zracer196 Well-Known Member

Rumor???

7. bumpskiis

bumpskiis Well-Known Member

I work at a dealer, we haven't gotten our ZX-10s yet though. I asked my business/sales manager if he had gotten any bulletins or heard anything from Kawi. This was news to him...

8. 1qwik6?

1qwik6? Well-Known Member

9. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

I had the 07 ZX-6R with the faulty cams and tappets issue and it was handled much the same way.

No service bulletin and the dealers were left in the dark.

My bike sat in the shop for close to 2 months with only 700 miles on it. I even called Kawi to try and get it resolved but they blew me off and directed me back to the dealer.

Even after the dealer rebuilt the motor the top end failed again.

Needless to say that was the last Kawi I bought. Looks like not much has changed.

10. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

kawi

Once a lemon always a lemon.

11. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

BOMBSHELL:

The Kawi handles well for the first time in decades... Kawi bosses fear loyal customers won't like the change.

12. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Not cool. That is gonna hurt

13. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

mentioned this to a fellow that I know involved with kwacker up here and all he was aware of was some bracket needing replacement once they started arriving here

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:crackup:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still not seeing any proof this is true, anyone actually hear from Kawasaki directly?

16. 418

418 Expert #59

I would say typical Kawi shit, but sounds like they're actually addressing {or trying to} address the issue. :)

17. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I call BS. Kawi is calling individual dealers and not sending anything written across the dealer network? No recall but they can't sell any inventory? No specifics about what would obviously prompt a huge debate once it went public?

18. 418

418 Expert #59

If they did a recall some dip would post the paperwork on the Kawi forums, etc and then it would get blown way out of proportion and scare people out of buying.

19. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

Ok I will be the dick. So in essence you are saying that “recalls” should not be made public. It should be “buyer beware” on a new vehicle purchase. Don’t want to scare away those sales… er I mean customers.

Have these 2011 bikes made it in to customers hands yet? I guess you can say if they have not, then I can understand not making a public recall. But if customers already have them.. it would be too late

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  20. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm not saying anything, I'm telling you how I've seen things done.

I think a recall has to be a certain % of units, if it doesn't meet that number there doesn't have to be one. If this "issue" is indeed true then they're trying to keep it quiet to keep the bikes reputation intact. It's likely they have so few models out there it'll be easier to take them back and ship them back out, then to issue some sort of a "recall".

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010