Ed Bargy school @ Jennings

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Slow, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Slow

Slow CLOUD 8

anyone done this, or plan on it?

I'm thinking about doing it before I do a track day.

If I go, it'll be Nov 20 or Dec 18.

2. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I did the Ed Bargy School back in Jan/Feb of '07. I'd been track riding a year before going, so most of what he teaches I already knew, but I still learned a few things.

Definitely beneficial for a beginner such as yourself! :up:

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

come this weekend and witness the carnage! :D There are a couple of locals that have room in their trailer to get you there!

4. Slow

Slow CLOUD 8

I'm busy this weekend, otherwise I'd consider it. But I would really like some instruction before I just go out there and pick up bad habits.

I've been street riding for over a decade, not a n00b to bikes. However, I've learned over the years sometimes caution outweighs spontaneity and eccentricity.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you'd be riding novice and the control riders are really good at giving instruction and orientating noobs. Best thing you can do is be comfortable on the track. Im pretty sure Jennings has a noob day this month. Thats probably the best route if youve never been on a track.
    Welcome to the addiction. :beer:

6. dexxx

dexxx Active Member

How about you do the Nov 22 Track Day at JenningsGP, it's a Monday and it's usually less people there. Meaning more track time and maybe you'll be more relaxed :up:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  7. Slow

Slow CLOUD 8

Yea would like to go with someone so I'm not bored. Was planning on paying for the school for a friend of mine as well so I'm not too intimidated.

8. SpeedyTide

No reason to feel intimidated. Ed's school's aren't too crowded, and it's very controlled environment. All the students, when on track, will be doing the drills discussed in the classroom.

9. dexxx

dexxx Active Member

This person must be a good friend, but you have no reason to be intimidated everyone is there to learn and become a better rider. One thing I will say is look at the price of his school (375 I believe) verses a regular trackday (150) or a trackday on Monday (105)

10. Slow

Slow CLOUD 8

yea i'd like to have someone with me regardless. and yes he is a good friend. he doesn't have alot of money. he supports his whole family with his income only. $375 isn't much money when helping out a friend like that. he appreciates it.

11. dexxx

dexxx Active Member

Well I can understand helping out a friend like that, now a friend who just pisses money away (like a couple buds of mine) thats another story.

Seems like you have your mind made up though, call Ed Bargy and register. I will be doing the Sunday and Monday myself. I've met tons of people at the track and had plenty of people help me when I needed it.

12. Slow

Slow CLOUD 8

that would be me. oh well. can't take it with ya.

13. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Its actually a good idea to have another person you know there just in case, and I highly doubt you will be bored. Ed's a great teacher and you guys will have an excellent time. I personally have not ridden at Jennings yet but I hope to soon. Lots have told me its a fun track and November is a good time to be there.

14. SpeedyTide

+1

Oh yeah x 2!

15. Spanky R1

Spanky R1 Average Guy

Took his class in 04 and wanted to do the 20th to get a CCS license, but schedule doesn't permit. I learned a lot and so will you. As been said above, no need to be nervous, he starts from ground 0 and works his way up. Control riders keep everything safe and show you exactly how to ride the race line, pass safely etc. Good luck and have fun!

16. STEEZO

STEEZO Well-Known Member

I signed up for the Nov 20th class...Slow, did you sign up?