New jersey motorsports park

Discussion in 'General' started by blankwall, Oct 11, 2010.

1. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

:crackup:

2. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Missed this earlier, awesome.

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

LMFAO!

4. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Why do they call it the Garden State? Because Oil and Petrochemical Refinery State wouldn't fit on the license plate.

5. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

Well, NJ is one of the top producers of blueberries and cranberries. If not the top producer... ;)

6. GIXXERMO600

GIXXERMO600 Well-Known Member

like Snooki that orange troll? :D

NJMP is an awesome track- both T-bolt and Lightning. And, you can stay right in the suites on the S/F line and rent a garage right below. Lotta perks with that. Would be great to see WERA hit it up.

7. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

njmp is a great facility, i'd love to see a wera national there (because i'm close and could go) surrounding town isnt the greatest, (especially the motorsports inn) but a really nice track layout and facility, i would love for the ama to do two events there and wera to be there also (its 2.5 hours from me)

8. GoodKnight

GoodKnight Well-Known Member

Hey now. All the fist pumpers come from Long Island :moon:

9. GoodKnight

GoodKnight Well-Known Member

Ocean Spray gets the majority of their cranberries from Rutgers :up:

Little known fact, but the majority of Rutger's patents come from their food science group.

10. WillRace4food

WillRace4food New Member

NJMP is a great track with good facilities. The local cuisine is just like other race track food, it is just covered in flies. I heard they are trying to find a way to charge people who eat the flies, nothing is free in jersey.

11. racertex

racertex vintage dude

that's funny! i go to a track to race....and then camp there overnight. again the focus is on the racing....not the surrounding area.

if the town of millville isn't up to your normal standards of lodging, maybe you should check into the four seasons in philadelphia (it is only 45 minutes away).

while in philadelphia you'll have many fine choices for dining....might i recommend vetri or 10 arts.

good luck to ya!

tex

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Also AC is 45 mins away :up:

13. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

The small downtown area of Millville is actually pretty nice. Two good pubs, and two very nice restaurants, and a few smaller places to eat. Not a single cheesy franchise place; all real food made by real people. Met a guy who owns/runs a glassblowing business who also races carts at the track. He showed me a series of glass trophies he made one of the car events; very cool stuff.

Unfortunately, the downtown is surrounded by some really crappy areas, but hey, no wealthy town is going to allow a race track to be built nearby. Went to Indy this year, and had the joyful experience of driving through Speedway and it's fine selection of check cashing stores and crack whores.

After the 4-5 blocks of crappyness, Millville turns into the giant vanilla big box store strip mall scene by the highway. In all honesty, I've never see a track so close to major shopping, hotels and restaurants before (about a 15 minute drive)

14. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

20 minutes form the track is a Wyndham Inn and a brand new Hampton Inn. Both are very nice hotels and approved by the misses :up: No reason to stay at a local crack hotel, unless you really want to save $20.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

BTW I also think they are opening a Residence Inn/Marriott and Shop Rite very close to the track.

The town does have a nice little diner, and also a couple highly rated restaurants.

16. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

you obviously havent stayed at the motorsports inn

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

its a pretty bad motel ...look at the place:wow:

but right next door the quality inn is pretty nice

18. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

OMG, one look at that place and you know to stay away. Far away. LOL. The Quality Inn right next door to it isn't bad, however.

Also avoid the local Econolodge and Days Inn.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

good to know

20. Agile

Agile Member

Yeah the Quality Inn was totally fine for an inexpensive motel. I read some bad reviews online before I stayed there so I was kind of worried it would be a shithole, but I have no complaints from my stay.