1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big THANKS to Bioweapon fuel racer #725 David Ur

Discussion in 'General' started by Carnage R1, Jun 21, 2010.

1. bodell

bodell Green Racing Advocate

There was also a complaint about David running a guy off 10a. Luckily we had that one on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YipamV7S2jM

I wish we had a video of 777 trying to pass Ur at the bottom of the esses before he ran off, but we do not.

David payed the fine even though we felt like it was the responsibility of the passing rider to make a clean pass.

777 did come over to our pit, but we had to agree to disagree. He said that he was not trying to pass, but David slowed down and caused him to run off to avoid hitting him.

David says he did not slow down, and had no way of knowing that 777 was behind him.

I saw them both shake hands and say that they were sorry that it happened but was part of the sport.

We felt like it was over with there, but if Mr Davis wants to exploit the situation for entertainment purposes who am I to stand in his way.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Thanks for the sentiment. He's 78. The docs are using phrases like quality of life and let him do what he wants. His memory is failing, he has congestive heart failure and lung issues. Mom will be 81. We piked her up and stopped and got their cousin from Mccormick on the way to Greenville. They had a great visit, probably the last. They have all had very blessed lives. My cousins and I are trying to figure out just how the hell we ended up as the old folks now.

3. grd264

grd264 Well-Known Member

That was not directed at WERA or you Mongo ……

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

David was fined mainly because he was dumb enough to say out loud something to the effect of he tried to come around the outside of me so I ran him off... Based on the lines of where the crash started this fit. Based on what the cw's saw (which was David not being on the tightest line) this fit. Since we can't exactly prove intent the fine and the probation was all we felt was required. If I truly thought he'd done it on purpose he'd never race WERA again. Wouldn't be the first time we've done that.

I also have had people try and blame a rider that has a reputation of being in trouble, that doesn't work either.

I think David could have easily been slower than the 777 bike expected at that exact spot, happens all the time with even experts who don't race each other regularly. Misjudging another riders speed is easy to do. David may not have thought he slowed or was slower but he could easily have been slower than the other rider expected even if it's the same way he went through there every lap.

5. bodell

Agreed.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah, it sure sounded like you didn't think we were doing our end properly...

7. cobra2497

cobra2497 Well-Known Member

I assume you don't agree that David said what people say he said? :Poke:

8. bodell

I have no idea what he said or who he said it to. I trust that WERA can handle that without my input. I know David was pissed that 777 picked (in David's opinion)a dangerous place to go around. He could have said anything. It doesnt change what happened.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  9. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

In all actuality, The championship cost a hell of a lot more.
    Those tings aren't given away that's for damn sure.

I'm sure Robin didn't mean to come off as he did Sean. He's a cool dude and we all kick it around over the camp fire. No animosity there i'm sure.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know, just making a point ;) Getting pissed off at a rider because you thought they weren't punished as harshly as you feel they deserved still means you think we didn't do the job right. Always good to remember that we've got a lot more sides to the stories than you hear from your buddy who crashed.

11. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I should mention that Brad was cool enough to give out samples of some of the green products they are introducing to the market. I had to fight the urge of dipping my sandwich in the motor oil. :D Turns out that Zaxby's gave me enough explosive diahrea <sp?> to kill the urge.

12. bodell

cha-cha-cha

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  13. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to clear up the errors in this post a bit...

I came up on 725 coming out of the chicane...
    I was set up inside to follow him down the esses...
    725 slowed up and went inside at which point I had to dive to the left of him outside to avoid t-boning him...
    As I turned back right, 725 kept coming out wider and wider till I had no more track...
    Why go inside then go wide? That's what we agreed to disagree on....

14. bodell

That is exactally as I recall you saying it.

15. bodell

Now allow me to stir the pot a bit...

For what it is worth, Mr. Nikk Rogers (#777) had no problem walking over to our pit and taking this up with David directly. He is also fast as hell and tough as nails to race again the next day, and I salute him.

Even though he was not happy with the situation, and he and David did not agree on how it went down, he accepted it as part of the risk associated with this sport and moved on. I would like to think that I would be big enough to do the same.

I suggest that Mr. G. Robin Davis could stand to take a lesson from his friend, instead of trying to use this forum to lash out against David.

That is all.

16. doolicious

doolicious BrownTown

17. doolicious

doolicious BrownTown

The throtle works both ways.

D.Brown#DNF

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yep... Nikks a great guy.... Fast as Hell.. Tough as Hell.. And Ugly as Hell....:up:

19. automan

automan It's all about the drive!

How's your hand after your visit to the T4 air fence? And, you did not race Sunday?

20. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ok I've read this train wreck of a thread long enough. Point blank he needs to be banned. Period. I lost a friend of mine this weekend that was a racing incident, those the risks we take being on the track. But the fact that we have someone here that has been known to put other riders lives in danger at two different orgs and he is only getting fined is ridiculous. One injured rider because of wrecklessness is too many in my opionion. It's like having a person who repeatedly gets DUI's and we keep giving him a slap on the wrist and letting him go till eventually he kills someone because of his own selfishness.

Nikk and I are friends, Hell I was the one that talked him into racing in the first place and more specifically WERA because of how well ran of a org it is and how good the people are. Nikk is also a better man than me. If I'd have heard Ur pass those comments when we are out there for fun and he is trying to show how big his dick is with his 200hp bike and using the engine and parking/punting people off in turns. Had I not left because of a blown engine I'd more than likely been fined myself for walking over to the his pit. I mean really I'd show him the same wreckless abandon.

I am not a e-thug or anything like that. It's plain and simple, Ur is a danger to himself and everyone on the track. Why is he still racing? Nikk still hasn't gone to the appropriate doctors to really evaluate his hand and neck. He will shortly, and what if he is advised to not race again. You just lost a racer because of another racers BS. And I'm more than sure Nikk has ran more races than Ur so that will be less revenue for WERA.

And Mr. Ur or Bodell if you have a problem with my statments then come find out in person. I'm REALLY easy to find in the pits. A baldheaded guy with a bunch of tribal shit on his arms and back.