1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lifting/Bulking Help

Discussion in 'General' started by Squigs, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Redbird

Redbird Well-Known Member

That website is insane. Advice on injections and guys discussing how to hide their "gear" in their parent's refrigerators in the "beginner's" section?

2. GoodKnight

GoodKnight Well-Known Member

What helped me was eating a lot and doing olympic lifts and squats.

3. LBKING

LBKING Well-Known Member

Yeah, and just watch the responses from the senior guys. The eat those guys for breakfast.

Newbs that come on there asking questions like that off the bat generally aren't accepted to well.

4. Teuton

Teuton Well-Known Member

whats your current weight? How much do you Squat, Bench, and deadlift?

gaining/bulking up is all about caloric intake. You can work out as much as you want but you'll never get big if you dont eat right. The 6 meals a day bullshit isnt that important, when I bulk I eat around 800 calories over my maintenance intake. Just eat three big meals and throw in 2 smaller snacks in between, eat at least 1gram of protein for each lbs on your bodyweight and you'll put on weight. Give it a couple weeks to see how your body responds and than adjust your caloric intake to what suits you best.

As far as a program get your strength up first, your not gonna get big lifting light weights. Focus on compound lifts and linear progression. I would look at Mark Ripptoes Starting Strenght and later Bill Star's 5x5.

5. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

why would you want to bulk up, i would think if your racing you would want to be small but in shape