1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike lifts?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Damn, that's perfect Mongo. Calling now to check on freight...

2. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

I haven't but I've seen them up close and personal. Very nice but limited in terms of using stands, etc. Thing is all about minimalism and prolly not the best choice for DIYers, IMO.

3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

He's crafty - he gets around
    He's crafty - he's always down
    He's crafty - he's got a gripe
    He's crafty - and he just AIN'T my type
    He's crafty

4. Mojo

Mojo Big Swinging Member

Mine has a safety bar, which I always use. But I still don't leave the stand raised when I'm not working on the bike.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yes. The flat table style are better.
    Plus on bikes with fairings... the front chock hits.
    But for oil changes minor things... it works well.

6. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

If you have the money get a Handy lift. There is a reason you see them in shops and dealerships all around the country. I would buy another one in a heartbeat if I had the room in my garage.

The one from Pace Mongo posted seems to be the closest thing to a Handy for someone on a budget. It actually looks like a knockoff of the handy but with the removable rear wheel slot. Get the vise for $105 and you are dialed. I usually turn my bike around on my handy lift to do front tire work, but you can get an extention and remove the vise and fit front and rear pit bull stands on the lift.

7. PCP

PCP King of the who?

Well Josh, you know me, I've had some shitty luck with stands. :Puke:
    First the cheap ass T-rex stand that the pin snapped at the weld and the front arm went through my radiator, then most recently that cheap-o lift! I'm not 100% on the brand but he said it was HF. It had no safety bar on it. I don't know if it was supposed to, but they weren't there. It was completely reliant on the hydraulics to hold pressure. Well, I take that back, it did have a lock valve, the same idea as on a jack where you twist it to close the valve to retain pressure. That was closed, and it still gave out. So I'm going with a faulty valve as to why it lost pressure.

8. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

yep, they do. :up:

9. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

Ive got the HF lift, air/hyd, I left the front clamp off and use both stands without issue, I use the safety bar if the left is going to be up for a long time, and have not had any issues, for the price and the 20% off coupons you cant really beat it.

10. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

I have and use the Kendon. For limited space, storage and even portability it can not be beat. All you need is a jack to lift the rear up and the back of the lift folds down allowing the removal of one wheel at a time. Easy enough to back in the bike as posted before if you need to get the front wheel off. I have the optional shelf that gives some work space. High quality and made in the USA.

11. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

Yeah, I had a Kendon fold-up trailer and that thing was a work of art. Very well built stuff.

12. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Handy here

13. Sleeping Psycho

Sleeping Psycho Well-Known Member

It would be worth your while to track down the lockart brothers a couple of nesba guys that go by the name of BIG MEANIE MOTORSPORTS. They came up with a kick ass design that uses playwood and assembles and braks down in seconds. I thought it was genious.

14. VTRDarren

VTRDarren Well-Known Member

was it the one linked to above (mentioned earlier)??

15. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

guys Bryan Bemisderfer makes these and they are awesome and way less than the ones you have posted. I have 2 and the quality is top notch.

you should hit him up [email protected] and let him know you want a pit table like the ones he made for Dennie Huff

16. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member