Think about the implications if she loses.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blueduc37, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Dude, it's been hours now. Never trust a handsome prince. :mad: :D

2. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

The article does state that she affirms certain concepts (i.e. gay and lesbian 'lifestyle,'" as well as Keeton's belief that those "lifestyles" are cases of identity confusion.) that are known to be factually incorrect. If she does not have the capacity to reformulate these ideas based on fact, the school could dismiss her from the program.

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

What is known to be factually incorrect?

4. Due North

(1) Sexual orientation is not a lifestyle. (2) Gender identity is not determined by genetics,

If she can't figure that out, then she is not capable of counseling vulnerable children.

She'll lose....similar case in Michigan, school won.

5. mtcam77

mtcam77 Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware they had discovered the "gay" gene yet. Do you have a cite?

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

There's not enough good solid evidence to prove any of the theories regarding why people are gay.

Fairly certain that my gay friends would have enlightened me beyond the fact of them not believing it's a choice.

As the one stated when asked the choice question, "why the fuck would anyone choose this lifestyle?" We were sitting in a gay bar at the time. :D

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Sound like you were being recruited... :p

8. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

9. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

Not a good argument. Same can be said for being a crackhead, homeless, poor, etc. Who would want to be those either?

10. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

It doesn't matter if being gay is a biological or not. Even if it is a choice it's their choice. Choosing to discriminate against them is wrong regardless.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I'm certainly not an expert on the gay lifestyle other than watching my Granddaughter as she grew up. She's not an overly attractive girl (she's 28 now) but she wasn't bad looking when she was a young teen. As she got older she didn't develop much self esteem so wasn't popular with most of the guys.

Along comes a group of misfits that was into the goth thing and my GD was hooked. She let herself go physically by wearing really wild clothing, earrings all the way around the edge of her ears, etc.. I think that was about the time she discovered that there were a couple of girls that were interested in her. She bought into it.

I said that to say this, I really feel that a lot of gay people, girls especially, find it easier to lead a gay lifestyle than deal with the opposite sex. Being gay is "safer." In reality they end up replacing one set of emotional problems with a different set of emotional problems.

12. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

Agreed. The student this thread is about disagrees with it being a healthy lifestyle it seems.

That isn't the same as discriminating.

The current culture has tried to sell us "discrimination" if we don't 100% approve and agree, just like voting for someone other than Obama made me a racist in a few eyes.

13. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

I believe the young lady has said that she would not treat a homosexual or transgendered person which makes it discrimination.

The Code of Ethics prohibits counselors from discriminating based on a number of factors, including gender identity and sexual orientation. "Counselors do not discriminate against clients, students, employees, supervisees, or research participants in a manner that has a negative impact on these persons,"

14. Due North

Google has about 181,000..............but there's little sense in arguing the point. No evidence will ever constitute a proof for those that refuse to consider anything alternate to their point of view.

15. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Why does she have to provide treatment when she can refer them to another counselor? Doctors are not forced to provide abortions.

16. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Code of ethics.

17. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I think the CoE only applies if she chooses to provide treatment. In fact it would be very ethical for her to provide a referral should she encounter that scenario. Don't know what angle her lawyer is taking though.

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Nah, we've come to the conclusion that people that believe it is a choice really sense it that way. They're partly gay themselves but choose not to adopt the lifestyle.

But in a desert island or in prison, they would go for it...

19. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

The questions really should be,
    What was the stated course criteria?
    Did or was she meeting said criteria?

20. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

and that would be why you refer them to someone who can better handle that situation!