1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you're going through Alabama.........

Discussion in 'General' started by kjohnson, Jul 11, 2010.

1. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Watch your highway speed.They are now using unmarked cars,including SUVs.

Funny,the one I saw had a Barber Motorsports Park tag on it.

2. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

saw a whole lot of em all the way to barber this weekend

3. Southpaw

Southpaw Well-Known Member

They are doing that in Jersey too.

The ones I seen are a nicely done up mustang, 300c, Escalade, A4. Im sure they are all repossessed but it seems to be working on catching speeders lol

4. random hero

random hero Banned

Back in Oklahoma the Highway Patrol and local law enforcement would use "drug dealers" cars they'd confiscate for patrol, mostly on the interstates for drug trafficking.. I just remember seeing escalades w/22" wheels and blacked out windows having people pulled over and watching drug dogs destroy these idiots rides on the side of the road. Oklahoma started using completely unmarked tahoes, chargers, crown vic's painted odd colors a few years back, definitely catches people off guard.

EDIT: I recently saw on "cops" the local law enforcement takes possession of cars driven by people who either had suspended licenses or DUI's. One of the other, the cops literally called a wrecker, and took possession on the spot of the vehicle, and auctioned it off... pretty f'n harsh

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  5. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Point is,that the unmarked patrol cars is something new.

I saw this particular one on the side of the highway with a "victim".Soon as he was done,into the median he went and parked.This was in the exit 205 area of I 20.They're getting serious about "gathering ticket revenue".

Flygirl,you were at barber?

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They also have two Hyabusa's. One was confiscated, the other bouht to form the pair. Nobody runs from them:tut:

7. Ides

Ides Well-Known Member

Unmarked cars for revenue is occurring in MD. Gotta pay those bills!

8. HAYSTACK

HAYSTACK UP YORN

damn thats fuct up

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're serious about the revenue and the granny who got killed on that stretch. It's at least as much CYA as money.

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Here in KS, my Duc sits. I work close to the intersection of I-70/US-77 and the patrolling is very active (marked and unmarked). On/off the interstate.

I try to drive as little as possible.

11. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

There is also an infinity G37 4door as an unmarked car!! saw it last weekend on I65 headed to Montgomery... and a pair of BMW k1200's

12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

You guys mean unmarked as in ZERO markings or just very small markings on a door or something?

13. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

Zero, like it rolled off the showroom floor.... in the daytime if the windows arent tinted, you can see the lights in the back window and the radar gun, but thats it, no state vehicle tag or outside lights at all

14. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

LMFAO!!! I saw the Infiniti this morning on my way to work. Its bad ass!!!

15. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Crazy, is this really something new? We've had unmarked cars in NC for as long as I can remember.

16. HAYSTACK

HAYSTACK UP YORN

not new as far as seeing them, but new as is seeing them out patrolling, trying to catch speeders etc...

17. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

I think it's the type of unmarked cars that's creating the comments. Used to be unmarked cars were unmarked versions for the regular police cars. Now with the drug confiscation rules they have a myriad of cars that you wouldn't think would be police cars. Raleigh PD has a minivan with blacked out windows on 20"s, Wake County Sheriff's have a black Z06 Vette. A buddy of mine down in Wilmington tells me that they have Mustangs, Camaros, BMW's, a silverado pickup, and others that you just don't think would be a police car.

18. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Yeah, if that is the case, I would never pull over for one. Ever. I do not trust un-marked cars. I would drive to the nearest PD station/Govt. location to confirm it.

19. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Rutherford county Tennessee has been patrolling I-24 with nearly innocuous looking white SUVs for several years now. Seems like they've always got a customer or two pulled over every time I take that route.

This would be approximately 40-50 miles Southeast of Nashville on I-24.

20. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yeah George I have seen the pure black or pure white "normal" SUV's but at least some of those have state plates or very small markings somewhere on them.

Its really about the money now. Marked and patrolling cars are a deterrent to crime and speeding. Sitting or hiding along the side of the road in a plain car running radar is about the $$$$.