Georgia Sportbike Benefit ride for WERA Ex. racer Cliff Finney

Discussion in 'General' started by ToddClark, May 8, 2010.

1. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

[​IMG]

Kayla J. Seymour, daughter of Cliff and Sheila Finney, died suddenly in the early morning of April 30th, 2010. She was just 21 when she passed away. She loved playing baseball and riding her motorcycle with her family. The family's life insurance lapsed when Kayla turned 20, so they're bearing the full burden of all her funeral and burial expenses.

The ride will be a donation only ride with all donations going directly to the family for the expenses. There will be two stops on the ride and you're welcome to meet us at either NPR Ducati in Watkinsville, the stop at the Georgia Baptist Conference Center in Toccoa or the destination of Unicoi State Park just outside of Helen.

If you are unable to attend, and would just like to help out, Cliff's paypal address is [email protected]. No amount is too small, and would be GREATLY appreciated.

Saturday, May 15
    9AM

NPR Ducati
    1461 Greensboro Hwy
    Watkinsville, GA 30677

11AM

Georgia Baptist Conference Center
    462 Sonrise Way
    Toccoa, GA 30577

12:30PM

Unicoi State Park
    1788 Hwy 356
    Helen, GA 30545

Any of you SE WERA guys that can make this, please come out and help. This is a devastating time for their family and the financial burden of this along with the fact that we should never have to bury our own children (its supposed to be the other way around), Cliff and his wife Sheila could really, really use our support. :up:

Quite a few of you know Cliff and his family. Ive known Cliff for over 10 years now, and i can honestly say, ive never met anyone as humble and as nice a guy as he and his entire family is. Even when he was just a punk :D when i met him at 20 years old, he was mature and wise well beyond his years. He also is one of the SMOOTHEST racers ive ever seen on the track. Im proud and honored to call the entire Finney family personal friends. Please, if you can find it in your heart to help, please do.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  2. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

wow, thats very sad to hear :(

3. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I don't have a bike to ride, but a donation has been sent from the Dickerson family. My prayers go out to Sheila and Cliff in their time of need. I had the pleasure of meeting both of them last year at Road Atlanta. Amazing people to say the least.

Rest In Peace Kayla.

4. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Wow. That's so very sad. :(

5. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

ill be joining the ride

6. TwinRider79

TwinRider79 Good Ol' One Eye

Not able to make the ride due to work. But a donation has been made from the Zinger family

7. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your prayers, donations and support. This has been the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. Looking forward to seeing y'all on Saturday and hopefully meeting some new friends.

Cliff

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Cliff I am so sorry.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I am deeply sorry for your loss, Cliff.

10. BC

BC Well-Known Member

It's kinda hard to even post in this thread as I can't imagine what you and your family are going through, Cliff.

Been thinking about you guys ever since Todd started the thread, and will continue.

11. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

i wouldnt miss this for the world, Cliff. look forward to seeing you guys, Saturday.

12. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

Dont know u cliff,But sooo sorry for your loss.My condolences to your family

13. FUZION

FUZION Well-Known Member

Cliff I am so sorry your loss. Your family is in my prayers.

Zach Wass

14. Kyle602

Kyle602 Well-Known Member

Cliff, Sheila,
    Laura and I are so sorry for your loss..., not sure what to even say.
    Just know you're in our thoughts and prayers.
    Hope to see you soon.
    Kyle

15. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Cliff, my heart goes out to you, bro. What an awful thing to endure. I think about our races all the time and miss being on the track with you. You are a gentleman in the truest sense of the word, and one of the nicest people I've ever met.

God bless you and your family,

Jay

16. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

Cliff - so sorry to get this news - know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Sean is in Daytona otherwise I know he would have been there!

17. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

WOW! I cannot even imagine the pain from all of this. I have two daughters around the same age and I don't know what I would do without them.

Cliff and Sheila, you are in my thoughts and prayers. So sorry for your loss.
    :(

jEFF

18. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! We appreciate all the prayers, donations and support. The ride went great, thanks to Karl and Kurt for letting Lee and Todd borrow bikes to make the ride.

It has been the most difficult thing we've ever had to go through and we're still dealing with it daily.

We just keep remembering that grace always abounds and all we have to do is take one day at a time.

Motorcyclists are the greatest!

Cliff and Sheila

19. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

You guys have been in my prayers. Hang in there.

20. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about this... I lost my father last month to a heart attack out of the blue. Whether it's your kid or your parent, you can't imagine the pain until you've been through it. Prayers said for you and yours. Try to take some time to yourself and with your family. I jumped back into work too fast so try and take time off if possible. God Bless you and your family and all those with lost love ones.