1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many of you guys sleep in your ENCLOSED TRAILER?

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Jackhammer1k, Apr 27, 2010.

1. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

^ so... Can I sleep in your trailer? :D

2. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

There are 4 of us that share an enclosed trailer and car pool to the track, but we all split the hotel and leave so I'm sure we can work something out! FWIW it cost us like $27 a piece to share a room for the weekend (fri/sat night) at the last round... well worth it!:up:

3. Nafterclifen

Nafterclifen Well-Known Member

After traveling to the track 9 times last year with only a pickup...loading, unloading, bike in the bed uncovered, etc...I got a trailer this year. I bought it so I can haul more stuff (bikes, gear, etc) and to keep everything secure and dry. I'll be honest, I'm not interested in sleeping it. A good night sleep is important and I need a shower in the morning without wearing flip flops in some public bathroom. I always end up splitting the cost with someone so at a max, it's $50/night with all the TV I want to watch.

4. Abiagi

Abiagi Well-Known Member

5. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Yup.......I got some heavy duty nylon screen material with hook and loop....stick to the side door.....add fan.....summer camping at the track.

6. fonz82

fonz82 Well-Known Member

enclosed trailer

well I've always pitched a 6 person tent next to my open trailer (w/ qn air mattress) and that usually was good enough. This will be the first year to try out sleeping in an enclosed. tried it the 1st time some weekends ago and it was freaking cold (i believe the low was 34). 1. i didnt have any kind of heater of any kind & 2. my heat pump want w/ me (the other 1/2 ;) ) bought a small surround heater to fix 1. and my wife shouldnt have any other 'girls' trips' during races/trackdays

7. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

trailer for sure $50 a night adds up to a set of tires before you know it

8. fustyd

fustyd Well-Known Member

What a funny topic, I sleep in the back of the cargo van with an air mattress. One thing I would definitely do is use bug spray around the vent (or the cracked open window in the van) to keep the summer mosquitos out!!!!

9. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Do those pretty much do the trick? I'm building a fold down bunk in my 6x12. I have so far been pretty underwhelmed by the compact mattress choices. Those things are going dirt cheap on Amazon. Is the 4" what you use? Any issues?

10. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

DING DING DING!!
    That'd be my fear. If they even latch it, no lock needed. You'd be stuck in that s ucker good.

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

One of my friends has the same phobia...not that I don't feel it's valid.
    I suggested he bring a can of "Scrubbing Bubbles" to spray down the shower at Beaver Run before he used the shower. So, he did..and he's much better about his public bathroom/shower phobia issue.

I slept on a cot in my enclosed trailer for about 7 years. Last year, after saving pennies for a while I picked up my toy hauler. Absolutely love it.

12. Chango

Chango Something clever!

They help a lot, but in the Vibe it's not quite enough for a perfect night's sleep because there just isn't enough room to cram a mattress underneath it, and the seatbacks and cargo area are hard plastic. However, my memory foam is only 3 inches thick and it is some of the fairly light-weight stuff, and I weigh 240 so I "sink through" to the seats. My wife doesn't have that problem. A 4-inch thick topper made from the denser stuff would work much better. If possible, I do suggest at least an air mattress or at least a few thick blankets underneath the topper for added comfort. It's not as good as sleeping in your own bed at home, but it's good enough for a weekend at the track.

13. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Rammer you will be fine. Just buy a cot and call it the day. I sleep in mine with a cot and it works perfect. Just don't let me see you at teh track or else I am locking you in it while you are sleeping. LOL

14. Gauge

Gauge Member

You'll be fine in there. Go get one of those folding cots and some tap lights.
    You've seen my trailer. I don't have anything special in there yet, and I sleep like a baby on my queen size air mattress.

Mouse

15. jmavrick101

jmavrick101 Active Member

its okay not everyone can be man enough to sleep on the ground or in a trailer :up:

16. jmavrick101

jmavrick101 Active Member

there is a small roll up air matress you can buy for like 30 bucks ill try to find the link they are actually extremely comfortable and if you have a good sleeping bag you will burn up on cold nights due to the fact it keeps your body heat from going into the ground or whatever your sleeping on. i have used mine in the field back in the states and it has been real handy over here in afghanistan was sleeping on the ground since jan now we actually got tents lol

17. Former

Former Well-Known Member

I slept in my truck during last month's race and it was really uncomfortable. It was my first time and I didn't know what to expect. Thought a jacket, jeans, socks, beanie would do the trick. Boy was I wrong...hardly slept because it was so cold in the truck.

I do miss all the amenities of staying at a hotel/motel but racing can get expensive and I need to do anything I can to reduce my costs, even if it means sleeping in my truck again.

18. Jackhammer1k

Jackhammer1k Well-Known Member

wanna share that queen size with me? :p

im doing my debut at gingerman.....let see how this goes lol

19. ScreamingSon

ScreamingSon Well-Known Member

I'll be going to Cayuga TMP this Thursday, I am pretty sure my friend is bailing, so to be easier on myself I am going to camp in the trailer, first time!

20. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

↑↑↑ pimp trailer.