1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I O M TT Guy Martin

Discussion in 'General' started by iomTT, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Must be some older pics as it doesn't look 'Arai-ish" :D

2. Ha ha. The way he looks and talks, he could definitely play a character in one of the British gangster flicks.

3. FatFarthing

FatFarthing Guest

i did not understand one entire phrase in that whole movie....might as well had the sound off...mighta understood it better.

4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

"perrywinkle blue"

:D

5. discoduc2

discoduc2 "shift wanker shift"

F'in hilarious :crackup: " Go on Genghis get us a bacon butty would ya lad" A true fellow Northener:D

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude is looney and I like looney. :D

7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I've always pulled for him, but never saw any media coverage of him. My opnion was all based on his riding....that interview just cemented it....I'll pull harder now!...great stuff :up:

Winston Churchill, Gengas Kahn, and Guy Martin on a desert Island....almost sounds like a three stooges sketch or something.:D

8. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

Guy is due for tt win..Hopefully this will be his yr.

9. jeffsv

jeffsv Well-Known Member

Hysterical... Always a Guy Martin fan, hope he get's a win this year.

10. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

Whoa, that is a sweet new bike. Love the old Hailwood color scheme. And, yes, that dude is a nut! Really barely understood him last year from the TT interviews. Hoping he gets a win this year.

11. desmo

desmo Well-Known Member

Guy is a trip, on the IOM DVD from last year they went out to his farm to check out his shop, was full of old junk and he kept talking about how much he likes spanners and his Snap On tool box, and the bike was in bits scattered about randomly, then a few days later he was hauling ass at the TT...easy guy to root for.

12. caferace

caferace No.

that's this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjfi-ZhzLOI

-jim

13. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Guy is actually a very very GOOD engine builder!!!!!

The top man in the UK that does all HM Plant Honda bikes, Hires guy on accasions to build motors for him

14. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

Every time I see that clip of Guy and Jimmy talking at the Isle last year I wonder if either one has any idea what the other is saying....

15. Abiagi

Abiagi Well-Known Member

He was calm there. When they interview him after getting off the bike at the TT or the 200, he talks about a mile a minute, then you really can't understand him.

Genghis Kahn, lol

16. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Thanks for the translation. :D

I picked up all the rest (I think) but I had absolutely no idea what he had said there. :confused:

So...

What is a "bacon butty"?

The dude does seem nutty as a fruitcake but he's a hell of a rider and must be a real kick in the ass to hang out with. :beer:

17. Gonzo

Gonzo Maybe you should drive...

My new favorite rider. Hilarious. :up:

18. caferace

caferace No.

Go make me a sammich, bish. :D

"...The word "butty" is often used in Northern areas of the United Kingdom as a synonym for "sandwich," particularly in the name of certain kinds of sandwiches such as a chip butty, bacon butty, or sausage butty. "Sarnie" is a similar colloquialism....

ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich#Usage

note: I had to ask the first time I heard it too. ;)

-jim

19. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

So it's like a BLT?!?!

I think that I could survive on those... :D

20. Twist&Go

Twist&Go New Member

Guy actually wears AGV. His mate Paddy paints them and does all of the replicas by hand. Guy used to wear ARAI, but the Dainese / AGV contracts come as a pair.