1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deals Gap will re-open 4/12

Discussion in 'General' started by FatFarthing, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

2. vw151

vw151 Well-Known Member

I rode the gap for the first and last time 2 years ago on a ducati monster. I managed to get down there on a couple of week days so it wasn't too bad. It was fun and novel. The bike was perfect for the road and the road is great but I agree the surrounding area, the foothills parkway and such are better albeit faster.

I had never ridden on the track at that time and there were a couple guys on race bikes running slicks. Local racers guys. I thought that was pretty cool at the time but in retrospect I much prefer the track. This was the first time I'd ridden a bike and blistered the tires though.

It is what it is I guess. You can find similar if not better roads all over WV though although with out all the commercialization.

3. mysticblu999

mysticblu999 Active Member

Boo on intrawebz.. That place is like a frickin carnival....

4. maidenamerica71

maidenamerica71 expect the unexpected

Guys with **matching** black cars are HOMOSEXUALS, (or they are WANTING to be.) ....please, don't insult my Girlie White F150. :Poke: ;)

...the fastest group at the gap. Has a private driveway attached to it. :bow:
    ...and, run it at night. :up: when they are invisible :D

I heard that too!! :up: I also heard TDOT may continue cutting grooves in the center yellow (the ones that act as a warning if you cross the center) from the Chilhowie Dam towards Deal's Gap.

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

Years ago I was riding my VFR through there at night and actually had a bear run across in front of me. :eek:

6. Did you ask him where he shits so we can finally put that issue to rest?

7. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

The "Dragon"
    Sturgis
    Trailer Week

PASS........

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:crackup:

9. :D

10. maidenamerica71

heading North, just past the overlook during the day - a Momma bear shuffled across the street in front of a group i was riding with. (I was WeeStrom powerd) A mili-second later - 2 cubs follow her up the steep incline. It was incredible, but she was INTENSELY focused on those little critters safety.
    Both lanes of traffic stopped on the occasional busy day. incredible, tho

11. TroyBoy30

TroyBoy30 Active Member

Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort 20 min to go yahhhhhhh. Folks waiting at the store to go. State line is clear of all TDOT trailers and gear.

[​IMG]

Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort The Dragon is open

[​IMG]

12. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

:stupid:

13. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Sssshhhhh.. about the night racing thing..and the driveway thing..

Locals this early winter when the stores closed(note boarded up windows). And no one on the road. Almost zero crusiers clog'n up the road either.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Some riding the road some the days before the GNF this season to get some more saddle time in. Of course this bike has met its maker since, at Tally recently..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Unfortunately theres a WERA sticker on it while buzzing up and down the road.

15. No doubt :down:

I know that guy too. And umm...nevermind.

16. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

I know you do.

17. maidenamerica71

that entire night riding thing...I made it up :up:
    no racing ever allowed.

Although, @ my next court date: i need a reason why I failed to follow those rules in the daytime. hmmmm...

I'm new here!!
    :stupid:

18. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Interesting that all of those race bikes have yellow plates and not white plates. Just saying.

19. US129SLAYER

US129SLAYER Well-Known Member

They no longer allow expert class to run at the gap anymore. But i heard they dont check you if you pull your number plates off :Poke:

20. Tyler B

Tyler B Well-Known Member

There are experts in those pictures, they just chose the more discreet route of leaving the race plastics at home. The problem with that is a massive deduction in poser points when sitting around at the store. :D