1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lookin' for a TTR-50

Discussion in 'General' started by 976-FIZR, Mar 30, 2010.

1. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Our youngest is moving up from his PW50, so now we're looking for a TTR-50. Anyone know of one for sale near Atlanta-ish? Used is OK (probably preferable for our budget), as he's gonna MX this fall.

Thanks.

2. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

josh herrin posted one up on fbook for sale yesterday

3. Keep Up

Keep Up N 142

yeah an 09 with a bunch of gytr parts, $750... pretty good deal

4. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I saw that too and thought it was a smokin deal...wish I wasn't so far away from GA

5. 976-FIZR

I sent him a message. If it's still available, we'll get it. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the heads up.

6. 976-FIZR

We got one.

Now I need someone who can build me a badass S/S motor in it. Who in the S/E builds these things the best-est? We need some more grunt!!!

7. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

I have one for sale with a b/a motor already in it.

PM me if you like.

8. 976-FIZR

We got the bike, I just need the B/A motor! I've got a bike w/ a B/A motor myself. Too bad it's an 89cc cheater motor. That's a no-no. So I'm looking for a B/A 50cc for the mini series in which our 8 year old is racing.

I'm also looking at suspension, but I think I can source and install that myself.

Maybe I should learn to build my own motors?

9. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

That would be a great start,and you wouldn't be in over your head.

10. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Howard, it takes you 4 hours to swap tires on your racebike. A motor build could be a lifelong project.

11. 976-FIZR

Hey... it's only like 2.25 hours to swap tires if I drop the duece before I start the swap. So there. :moon:

12. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Fair enough. You may get the 50 done before he retires at 65.

13. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

How much do you want to spend on the motor? We build some badboy minis. I have a couple of CRF50's with bigbore builds going on their 4th race season so reliability is good. We can usually do some cool stuff without bumping cc's.