1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Brand canopy do you have? Best ebay brand?

Discussion in 'General' started by Game, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Game

Game zip tie master

Looking at ez up canopies, at the 200's + ship they're a little high for me. What do you guys have thats been good to you?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Real Ez-Ups, Eclipse II. They cost more and they're worth it.

3. Game

Game zip tie master

4. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

I like EZ-UP's....and my reason is summarized by exactly what your signature line says. :)

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

aint that the truth!! :up:

Ive seen guys purchase these $99 canopies..........more often than not, they'll buy 5 or 6 of the damn things in a matter of 2-3 years, when if they'd just ponied up for a quality canopy the first time..........

Hell, my first ez-up back in 01 cost $300, but lasted 6 years, and its STILL usable, just looks pretty rough.

6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

7. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

8. Keep Up

Keep Up N 142

I had two ezups that were maybe $129ish (?) they were nice, but lasted about a year and broke. One just broke because, the other was due to wind folding in the side.

I have an $89 walmart one now, seems to work fine and no issues in 8 months so far.

9. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

god lord, i never knew they were so spendy...

10. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

I own and have been using the Costco one for 3.5 yrs, Caravan is the brand. I got caught off guard by a storm once at barber last year and had to buy a new top ($85) and a couple of cross members ($35). I have collected EZ-UP and Caravan parts whenever someone throws one away at the track, so I can repair most anything.
    This particular canopy seems to be a direct copy of the EZ-Up design, and has held up as well as I would expect an EZ-Up to. As others have noted the cheap ones are exactly that and will fail much sooner.

11. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

I bought a used EZ-Up back when I started doing trackdays back in 95, still have the same one. It's taken a few beatings here and there but still works.

12. DougG60

DougG60 Member

13. froggert

froggert Well-Known Member

i bought the caravan from costco last year and am very happy with it. only problem is i can't figure out how to fold the side walls up small enough to fit back into the little pocket.

14. runfromme

runfromme Well-Known Member

I've had my ez-up since 2004

15. caferace

caferace No.

2000 for me. Bought a spare hardware parts kit ($30) in 2002 and zero issues.

-jim

16. runfromme

I think the only thing mine could use is replacement vinyl, it's a bit skanky from packing it up in the rain and forgetting (read: being lazy) to dry it out once I got home

17. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

:stupid:
    Me too! :D

18. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

I've had an EZ-UP since 2003. Had to repair a couple damaged bars due to wind damage (just cut them and inserted a piece of aluminum bar). My wife finally stitched up a new top a year ago as the old one was starting to seep water through some pinched spots.

19. runfromme

maybe they're brothers!? :beer:

20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I have had my Walmart one for about two years now. No issues so far, but we do take it down if the wind starts to get nasty.