No wheelies at track days either?

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by SV650R, Mar 24, 2010.

1. SV650R

SV650R GSXR ASSASSIN

I was told: ":tut: No more wheelies or you go home!!!"

It was a WOT maybe 2 ft wheelie coming out of a hairpin and I rode it until I shifted to third...

I did not think it was a big deal but they got upset...

I thought the track was a place were we could ride our bikes with out worries from the poo poo...

I guess no wheelies on the street or the track...

2. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

I think that's overkill, I mean power wheelie's, come on? Yeah, I could see if your show boating and pulling wheelie's on purpose but what you did????? :confused:

3. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

power wheelies are ok, otherwise no.

I got black flagged at a NESBA event. I did about 10 in one session though:D:tut::wow:

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

"Do this, Don't do that, Can't you read the signs".......:rolleyes:

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Long haired Yanni people, need not apply. :D

6. vw151

vw151 Well-Known Member

Monte at STT always says no "show me your drain plug wheelies" Not sure about nesba. I am even guilty of the occasional power wheelie and I only ride a 750, I imagine the 1000s take a little work to keep on the ground.

7. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

i know on the street my 929 will power up in 1st and 2nd without even thinking about it. im glad im running a 600 on the track lol.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

What organization, so I can make sure I don't waste my money...

9. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

The same one ran by that guy whom takes out his customers while racing at a track day...

10. DocPup

DocPup How do it know?

hhahahahahahaha....

sorry, its funny cuz i just read that entire thread yesterday:beer:

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I don't know what thread you are reffering to but getting shit for power wheelies is super ghey. I would have done a big stand up all the way down the straight at the end of the day while waving the middle finger. How do you not at some tracks? Even in the middle of a race i can help but pull one coming onto the straight at mid o or nelson.

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

It's not even a matter of helping or not. There's a little hump at nelson right at the shift point. Everyone carries unless your dragging the rear brake.

13. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Its usually the track that will blackflag for wheelies, improper passing, etc., at trackdays. I've done TDs with NESBA/STT/TPM - most with NESBA - and cant say I ever recall a "no wheelie" speach at any riders meeting. Corner workers and track marshalls are employees of the track, and its the track that sets ground rules. NJMP black flagged one of NESBAs directors for doing power wheelies over the "jump" between 3&4...

14. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

We routinely say that no stunting of any kind is allowed either on the track or in the pits. Power wheelies are fun and part of track riding, 12 O'clocks down the front straight are going to get you pulled in.

Black flags sometimes get thrown because the CW is erring on the side of caution. If he/she sees something they deem questionable then they may bring you in and let the event organizer decide if there is a problem. It's better for safety this way. And a CW won't usually know anything about who the rider is that is being black flagged.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  15. Sammy Bono

Sammy Bono Well-Known Member

what thread are you talking about?

16. Dr.Duct_Mossbur

Dr.Duct_Mossbur Well-Known Member

I got a "talking to" by one of the CR's with TPM for "doing wheelies" over the crest coming out of 1.

I think he was just made that he had been trying to catch me the whole session to bring me in, and couldn't. lol

It would take a lot to get me to ride Nesba or TPM again. Nesba cr's I find often don't know how to talk to their client's in a respectful manner. What other business talk's to their customer's by screaming in cussing when you do something they don't like. I heard them walking up and down the line of rider's in B group screaming and cussing at rider's for "not sticking an arm out on red". I understand we need to communicate well with other riders out on the track, but for fuck's sake... These are beginner's. Nothing more inviting as a beginner than someone cussing you out for dumb shit. lol Mean while they got ass hole cr's cutting up the inside, mid turn on beginner's.

TPM is just adult guido's. lol jk

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  17. kazbanz

kazbanz Yea gidday

I've been at a day when a "star " with your attitude did his standup and lost it. The result was pretty messy. Made front page news too.
    That said I think the OP was dealt with a bit harshly for a power "wheelie" out of a corner.
    As an alternative i've run lunchtime stunt sessions on the back straightaway when requested

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  18. Dr.Duct_Mossbur

Dr.Duct_Mossbur Well-Known Member

I don't even notice it anymore, lol.

19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

IF you witnessed that kind of CR behavior, I'd report it to a NESBA event Director..the CR's are just as accountable for their actions as the riders at an event. NESBA wants a fun, safe, professionally run event. In eight years I've never witnessed anything like that in almost 70 events with half of those days being in the Beginner group.

20. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Here's what you'll hear at an STT event and its been my MO for ten years....

Power wheelies are no worry (as I hold my hand between 18" & 24" above the ground) but If we can see the safety wire on your drain plug or the "Made in Japan" stamped on the bottom of your cass, you might get an invite for an unscheduled pit stop?

It's pretty much common sense. FWIW GingerMan front straight is power wheelie central, I SUCK at wheelies and even I can do a power wheelie for a long way there.