1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Russell

Discussion in 'General' started by Lever, Mar 7, 2010.

1. grd264

grd264 Well-Known Member

Scott Russel "Mr Daytona" .....ROCKS in my book!!!!!

2. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

What? Is he back with Cindy Bowen?

3. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

Seriously.... :confused:

Whatever floats your boat I guess. If everyone liked the same thing, the world would be boring.

:up:

4. chastain11

chastain11 Well-Known Member

I like Scott's color commentary I wouldn't vote for a change. BUT I have to admit I do miss Sadowski.

The best is the old drunk Brit that does the GP races. Is it me or does it seem like over the last four or five years they have taken his bottle away?:tut:
    :crackup:

5. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

+1000. Ski was awesome!

My boss has perfect diction, my wife as well. Neither of whom know diddly piss about motorcycles, racing, or the dynamics of either. Russell is great and getting better every show. If he is why you changed the channel you likely would have found another reason moments later if he weren't there. I'm just sayin'.
    Mr. Daytona is a great voice for AMA road racing, IMO...YMMV.

6. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

"Put on different ears",as the saying goes.What Scott brings in his commentary is gold.

7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Ski and Dreb were the best, but how can you NOT appreciate having a 5 time Daytona winner announcing! He is actually damn good considering it is not that easy.. try it some time.

8. sanfret

sanfret Almost as fast as my kid

I still appreciate Russell and Emig on the MX side. They are doing a good job IMO.

9. HAWK748

HAWK748 Lt. Governor

Yes Scott may may look like Skeletors brother ...... but people who would underestimate him or anyone else because of their accent do so at their own (intellectual) peril.

10. elevenn7

elevenn7 Well-Known Member

Bingo, winner!!

11. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Spencer destroyed my liver.

When he was calling races, we'd do a shot every time he said "the key is...".

Epic drunk.

12. lawdog359

lawdog359 Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, Dreb was busy anyway! He was working on some chick racer's pit crew.

13. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I thought Russell did a great job. Much improved from last year. Dood is clearly working at getting better. :up:

14. mdr14

mdr14 What?

All I know is my kids got scared when Russell popped on the LCD. Mr Daytona needs a good HD TV Makeup person.

15. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Diffeernce between that and the Sledges:

1- Daytona didn't have doors, Sledges did.

2- Dayton was "basically" outhouses, whereas, at the Sledges, there is no "basically" involved.

:p

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

How can the underestimate what they can't understand?

17. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Jiggy should never offer motor building tips.

18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I thought Russel sounded like Mr. Garrison from South Park.
    If you want a Daytona winner doing the commentary, I'd go with Miguel.

19. AH406

AH406 Well-Known Member

Damn, are you guys for real. Nascar sounds like the screenplay to Deliverance compared to Russell. If you consider what he's there for then I think it would be easier to appreciate.

20. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

Speaking of NASCAR....did you hear what Waltrip said toward the end of the Atlanta race yesterday? What an idiot. He seems like a nice guy and all but he says some shit that is just fucked up. They were going for a restart with about 6 laps or so left and he start singing (and terribly I might add) "Do that to me one more time, once is never enough".... I about fuckin puked! :Puke:
    DW, please stick to your knowledge of NASCAR and talk about all that but please stop embarrassing yourself with crap like that. If you had been in the infield I'm pretty sure the rednecks would have burned you at the stake! :rolleyes:

As for the poll earlier, I'm with Kesler on this.