1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Summit Rumor...

Discussion in 'General' started by Macon663, Jan 19, 2010.

1. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Ummm...both.

2. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

NTTAWTT

3. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

please just post a larger copy of your current avatar.........

4. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

Why does it always have to be nasty seafood. Why can't it be from the ass of something that moo'ed recently. Mother In laws are excluded from this list.

5. cdeck26

cdeck26 Well-Known Member

Beleive me I understand the skeptics. I've always been one too. However, being a Board Member of a large Kart Club in the region we are intouch with Yens, often. After Bill died I was afraid Summit Point would surely be sold. More than likely to the Gov. But Yenns has assured us that he was going to consult with some track builders in determining the best way way to fix the surface. I guess we just have to wait and see!;)

6. J. WILLOW

J. WILLOW Well-Known Member

The fact of the matter is , to fix the surface at Summit is going to be extensive and costly if done properly. I honestly don't think the owners are going to be willing to make that kind of investment. I know Summit has had at least 3 different asphalt wearing courses all of which are placed on top of one another, which is probably safe to say that there is 6" + of wearing course. This is the #1 reason why there is bumps in the racing surface and will continue to be bumps. Wearing courses were only designed to be affective at depths of 1.5"-2.5" depending on the size of the aggregate in the mix.

For the last two years I have walked the track before the nationals to evaluate the surface, it's a damn shame, unfortunately you get what you pay for.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Me? Why?

8. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

of you have to ask... :Poke: :p

9. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

Who is Yens?

10. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

:stupid:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think that is Bills son - so the new owner.

12. 1qwik6?

1qwik6? Well-Known Member

They need to talk to whoever it was that laid down the pavement for Calabogie. Three plus years with cars and smooooth...no concrete either.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I hate you both.

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Oh, oh, oh nevermind. I thought it was something serious.

15. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for the info.

They should really talk to NJMP or VIR. VIR hasn't laid down new pavement in a long long time. I was talking to the track manager last season and I want to say its been like 10 years since its been fully redone (can't remember exact convo), but he emphasized that the quality of the petroleum now days is worse than it used to be and it directly affects the lifespan of the pavement.

16. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

From what I've rear, a large portion of it also has to do with the base course thickness and the type of aggregate used.

Central European highways are normally much sturdier then the comparable American highway simply because the thickness of their base course can be over 1 foot; this provides a much more stable foundation for the asphalt and limits bucking due to heavy traffic and freeze cycles.

17. jay956

jay956 Well-Known Member

at least they finally got rid of that horrible website

18. joec

joec brace yourself

wow!!! i hadnt seen the new site. thats a millions times nicer!

19. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

Zactly!!

20. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

Dick!:crackup: