1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh no! Collapsing consensus!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Orvis, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

2. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Who are the deniers now?

3. Palanon

Palanon Well-Known Member

That will be discredited. Washington wants and needs to have a huge money grab. They'll just focus on the creation of green jobs and ignore the crippling costs to the masses. To many important people and groups are lining up for a piece of the pie.

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

So British scientists have come up with an official "theory" for what lots of people have been speculating since "An inconvenient truth" was released? :rolleyes:

i'm not sure whether I should feel relieved, ripped-off, or just pissed that the riding season is probably going to be shorter for the remainder of my young life.

5. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Guess gore doesn't have to be ashamed about buying those "carbon offsets" from clean energy anymore, lol!

Wonder how many millions and millions of dollars he made on that con?

6. soderholmd

soderholmd Banned

How are they going to spin this away...............?

7. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Bad Science leads to bad decisions.

Frankly I have no idea what is going in the Climatic sciences (leave the g-spot jokes at the door)...and I'm beginning to believe no one else does either.

I think the situation that we are in right now has people grasping for straws and looking for answers where we don't have enough information. That leads to really bad decisions.

I vote for:

1. Clean air
    2. Clean water
    3. Less waste
    4. Sustainable energy
    5. More money for science to work on figuring this out.
    6. Hookers and Blow.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Pussy. Just install some knobby tires on your bike and hit the track. Snow or not. :)

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I like those six ideas. In fact, if we make blow legal, then we can take the money being spent on "the war on drugs" and move it into coming up with alternative energy sources. Finding an alternate to fossil fuel will solve our atmospheric problems thus giving us most of the first four on your list.

Hookers are just icing on the cake. (so to speak)

See how easy all that was?:beer:

10. soderholmd

soderholmd Banned

I agree with most everything stated -

But it was not "bad science". It was political corruption and profiteering - then the "science" was corrupted and layed on top to give it some semblance of fact. It makes me sick........:Puke:

I am all for cool new green technologies - and when they mature and become affordable I have no issue with rolling them in and streamlining them into the energy sector. Some of the shit is really neat!

What I have a problem with is ramrodding things down the publics throat - and destroying a failing economy and job market in the process - all to pad ones financial interests!

11. scotth

scotth Banned

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I heard on TV today that one of the potential benefits of those low temperatures in Florida right now is that it might potentially help with the python infestation.

13. scotth

scotth Banned

I'm with all that. We're still going to get the solar panels, if for no other reason than they're economically a push. If you can get it to break-even or close, I'm willing to pay more to help the planet.

It might cost more, but I'm happy each time I send a little less money to people that hate us.

14. Booger Van der Jackass

Booger Van der Jackass Well-Known Member

Iguana bombs!

15. H8R

There is some weird and sick jokes in there somewhere. :D

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, I didn't get that... :confused:

17. scotth

scotth Banned

Did I ever relay the story about a client in south Florida?

We get there, and it's at the inland edge of the Everglades, apparently. If you fly over south Florida, you can see from the air exactly where civilization stops and the jungle starts. So that's where this office park is, I guess, because across the street is...jungle.

Anyway, she tells us, "Don't go too near the road on foot."

We're confused.

She tells us that there seems to be a 20-foot (her description) non-native python in the jungle/retention pond/swamp area just across the road, and that it had eaten two pet dogs that lived in the apartment complex near the office. Someone had even seen it basking on the road at night, apparently. So don't go over there.

This was a while back and we'd never heard of such a thing and we thought she was screwing with us.

We left their office late one night and there was either a plump fire hose with eyes or a python sort of laying between the pond and the road.

We parked near the office buildings after that. I'm told pythons aren't that fast over open ground, but who wants to test that?

18. scotth

scotth Banned

I left out the line that my wife will not be noticing any difference in the Florida python population. That'd just be crass and she'd just roll her eyes if she heard it. :D

19. H8R

I like the way any major city I have been to looks after a good rain.

I'm pursing solar panels as well. I just like the idea of paying for something once.

20. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

In South Florida, they have a pretty big problem with the iguana population. Anyway, most of them living in the trees and such, as the weather has gotten colder, they've basically "fallen asleep" and start falling out of the trees.

One guy was trying to be brilliant and started loading them up in his car as they don't move in the cold state, like hibernation. As they warmed up in his car, they started climbing everywhere. Got to see if I can find a link to that article again. It reminded me of the deer waking up in the back of the car in Tommy Boy. :crackup: