1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Flag Fund logo

Discussion in 'General' started by Brian M, Oct 29, 2009.

?

Should we change the Red Flag Fund logo?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    59.1%
  1. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

bwaaaahahahahahahha!!!!

2. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I think it could be updated. I think it's too simple and "stock" looking.

3. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

updating a logo isnt a bad thing, plus until you see more examples, you wont know if you'll like it over the current one. many companies lately are redoing there logos, audi, gm, some food companies etc... if i get a break in my other work i'd love to donate some time to come up with something, i have a couple ideas already, simple stuff but catchy, i just have a couple prior commitments and they are time sensative

4. chrison600

chrison600 Well-Known Member

Here are a couple more, slightly modified from the first.

This one has a larger text for the "Red Flag Fund .Org":

[​IMG]

This is a version of the above with the "Support" phrase repositioned. I also tried one with the axis turned 90 degrees on the letters, but you have to reduce the font size so much to get it to fit it doesn't work too well:

[​IMG]

Anyone?

5. ckruzel

i'd ditch the gradients, make it simple for a patch, red and black only

6. bongoray

bongoray Registered Lunatic

Chris,

I really like your logo. Would this sound better: "Support for downed riders"? Hmm....

7. chrison600

I based the gradients off of a photo of a flag at rest. We could simplify for different media. I would want to try and at least keep the accent line for the upper edge of the flag so the solid fill versions didn't end up looking like a pointed banner...

Get your point though - gradients really don't do well in certain situations. I remove the gradients in my logo for certain things too.

8. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I like the top one, but I guess I would replace "downed" riders with "injured" or "seriously injured" riders. More emotion. Maybe more emotion will result in more attention and funding.

9. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Leave it alone.

10. chrison600

I considered that as well as "Support for down riders". I liked "Support for riders down" because it rang of "Man down!" and also seemed to be a simple but understandable message. I kept picturing people interpreting "down riders" as depressed riders...:rolleyes:

11. ckruzel

you would just use black to accent the creases in the flag instead of gradients, simple for patches and small text wont work too good on a small patch either

12. chrison600

I used a leaned over flag at rest to convey an air of sadness, respect, and conviction.

I like the possibility of "injured", but as you said it might require a qualifier such as "seriously" to get the point across and that would move toward too much. A rider down is a rider down, literally and figuratively.

"Seriously Injured Rider Support"?

"Help for Seriously Injured Riders"?

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

the only problem anytime you change a logo, people have to readjust. right now if anyone sees your logo as a patch or sticker, they dont even have to read it to know what it is because theyve seen it before and theyre instantly reminded of the red flag fund, whereas if you change it, they may not even notice the patch or sticker then because they dont recognize it. however, on the on the other hand, if you change it to something more flashy, it might grab other peoples attention that have never heard of it and maybe theyll ask about it and what not. just my .02. personally i like it the way it is.

14. Brian M

Brian M Well-Known Member

Reason I set up the poll was to see whether people liked the logo or not.

Changing the logo came up in a discussion on the Red Flag Fund group on Facebook.

I kept the logo for recognition and Jeff gave us hundreds of shirts and patches. I really have no opinion either way at this point. We may discuss it at our annual board meeting in December.

15. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I say leave it alone.