1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelin Saturday race accident;

Discussion in 'General' started by noidly1, Oct 10, 2009.

1. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

This guy is a class act.:up:

2. John29

In this post, this guy is acting like a douchebag.

3. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

You sir, are a class act.

4. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Yeppers, even his apology was lame.

5. hcr25

hcr25 Well-Known Member

:up: That right there is funny! How many times a day could we use this quote?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  6. John29

With all due respect, of course...

7. tstruyk

tstruyk Well-Known Member

Robin thanks for taking the time to talk to Jimmy about Tom's accident. Sunday the 11th I had the chance to sit down with Jimmy for a few minutes and discuss the basics of what happened... moreso it was a chance fully understand the extent of the injuries. I hope you are doing well and although I know it may not be easy dont beat yourself up over this. Easier said then done I am sure, but it was obviously just a "racing incident" to which noone will hold any ill will towards you.

thanks again for your sincere words and please keep the prayers coming for our friend Tom and his family. This will be a VERY long road to recovery!

Good news is Sunday some locals held a few raffles and drawings and raised over a grand! Good jump start to getting Tom back to St. Louis so he can heal!

Tim

PS... I know Noid, tact isnt his fortay... but he means no harm

8. gonecrazy

gonecrazy Well-Known Member

It was nice talking to robin and gettig his veiw, just the way it goes though. I hope he has faired out better than me.

Well I finally got transfered home from birmingham, its gonna be a long road to recovery, in about 2 1/2 mouths i should be able to try and start walking again. i have severeral pins and bars running through my pelivis and right leg. I hope no one here has to ever has to go through what i am going through. hopefully I can get rehabed and be back on track around june of next year.

9. ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

wow, 2.5 just to try and start walking, let alone walk normal. So sorry to hear. hope you have a succesful recovery.

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

:up:

11. Coke in can

Coke in can Banned

Karma's a bitch. remember, what goes around..comes around. and being a motorcycle racer/rider, you need to be aware of your dealings.

12. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I think I just got whacked with a club of 9 irony...

13. superbikestore

superbikestore Well-Known Member

Robin's a stand up guy and definitely a class act. I've had the pleasure of talking to him several times this season. Sorry to heat that both riders wrecked, I saw Robin at the GNF standing around but had no idea about the Barber incident. I don't know Tom but I wish him well and hope he fully recovers.

14. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

best wishes for full recovery to both riders!
    tim

15. Rich SmithMoore

Rich SmithMoore Well-Known Member

Why did he hit the guy's wife?:wow: Or was it his own wife?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Those are some truly horrendous injuries you sustained... I hope you make a full and speedy recovery to both life and racing.

17. tall guy

tall guy Active Member

you sir are a complete d-bag
    As a racer i could never imagine hitting another racer intentionally. Why would i risk serious injury to myself?

i too have had a friend seriously hurt in a racing accident. right away you try and find someone else to blame but at the end of the day there is noone.

its racing

you are a class act.
    i had the pleasure of meeting friday waiting for the gates to open.We also ended up pitting next to you. we were the guys from minnesota.
    i hope all is well and you get back to some racing next year

i was about five bikes behind this hole incident and it didnt look good.
    glad to here you are doing relatively ok. work hard at rehab and you will be on your feet in no time. heel up quick:up:

18. gonecrazy

gonecrazy Well-Known Member

come on guys, lay off noid..he is a good friend of mine and was just shocked about what happen, we all have said things or re acted out of line at some point. dion is good people and will do anything to help.

One thing I cant suggest to any of you is that you look into a supplement insurance in case anything like this would ever happen to you. I hope it never does and thought it never would to me but it did. get that extra piece of mind knowing your bills and stuff will be taking care of.