1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't wait for Phillip Island

Discussion in 'General' started by The Dung Beetle, Oct 12, 2009.

1. So much intrigue.

Who will win the next round of the Rossi Lorenzo knife fight?

Can stoner complete his comeback and put it on the top step?

Hayden loves the track and the very important long double left leading on to the front straight. Can he get back on the podium?

Can Hayden or anyone else get between the four "aliens?"

Toseland had his best race in Moto GP there last year. Can he give Coke in a Can some ammunition before he is banned?

2. caferace

caferace No.

is this a prod? :D

-jim

3. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

rossi wins

hayden fourth

4. That sounds like a reasonable prediction. So which one of the Aliens will Hayden finish ahead of?

5. No, I just watched last years race last night, and I am excited and felt like discussing it.

6. Game

Game zip tie master

Hayden DNF. What i really want is Hayden top 8.

7. Jerk!!!

8. Ha! You edited!

9. I will be really disappointed if Hayden only gets a top 8. My expectation is top 5.

10. Game

Game zip tie master

Really? Do you really think he can take on (On the current state of the bike. No saying Nicky doesn't have the skills.)
    - Rossi
    - Pedrosa
    - Stoner
    - Lorenzo
    - Colin

and the other countless riders that had a much better season?

11. Game

Game zip tie master

lol you caught me. I want Nicky to do well, but its unlikely.

12. Yep, I think so. He has been on the podium there several times. He prefers ccw tracks, and goes through the last two turns very well. I don't remember Colin ever going very well there. Obviously, the top 4 are going to be hard to beat, but with the duc working better for him lately, I think he definitely has a chance at 5th, and has an outside chance at battling for a podium.

13. Also, you say countless other riders have had a better season, but don't forget, Nick was knocked off of his bike in two races, and made a bad tire gamble in another. That is a lot of points that he missed out on. Especially at Misano when he was looking strong in practice.

14. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

i just got done watching the live FP1, rossi did a lot of laps and led almost the whole session. he came out with a vengeance and in the press conference he seemed very serious. i'm going with rossi FTW on this weekend's proceedings with stoner second and pedrosa third. Hayden was not looking too good in FP1 but we'll see how things progress... the weather looked absolutely perfect in FP1

15. Right now that looks like a good prediction, but it could still change. Rossi looked really strong today, but others could also pick up some speed tomorrow, and also rain could end up being a factor.

16. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

^ 2nd, 3rd, 4th are flexible, but IMO rossi will dominate this weekend.. that's just my gut feeling, we'll see if i'm wrong :)

17. Im rooting for Rossi for sure!:beer:

18. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

i hope hayden picks it up. maybe hayden takes out robot boy by accident and ruins his championship standings.

just sayin':rolleyes:

i am also looking for a rossi win. i would love to see hayden pull out a second but it's not sounding good.