1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nazi memorabilia

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Aug 24, 2009.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I would just keep it close to shore. :p

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Chip that's a lot cooler than gunshow kids with lightning bolt patches dickering over a bayonet. I can see wanting a piece of history. At one time I had a bunch of 'nam era gear but it was only G.I. stuff. Now the only piece I have is a Chechnyan rucksack. Sometimes I wonder about who it was issued to and how it ended up here. There is gonna be a flood of stuff after we pull out of Iraq. Can't think of anything I'd want that's not G.I. though.

Anybody collecting Iraq/'stan stuff?

3. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

The 88 600 is the one to have, it has the exploding 2nd gear, and narrow wheels.... :p

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:crackup:

5. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

My uncle has a Walther ppk and a Luger in rosewood boxes that pappy bought back with him..Both have been fired one mag each, oiled up and sealed in the boxes..They will be in our family forever.

6. N2BateU

N2BateU Active Member

Ive been trying to collect paramedic medals/badges/etc for a couple of years now. I dont condone the NAZI's, but boy would I love to get my hands on nazi paramedic memorabilia!!

7. Turbo storm

Turbo storm Well-Known Member

Damn...beat me to it! If you want a good katana, don't get a Suzuki Katana.

That is kind of a loaded question. It would be like asking what is a good 1000cc bike. You will get 1000 answers. For japanese swords it really depends on what you want it for. Will you actually want to cut things with it? (please don't) or do you want to just admire the craftsmanship. You can pay $5000 dollars for a sword that has nice paint on the scabbard (saya), a good handle (tsuka) with nice looking fittings, and good looking hanguard (tsuba) all finished with a shiny blade and you may end up with a piece that is worth $2000 dollars. I have held just a blade that was in poor polish, with no fittings or anything else that sold for over $30,000. With a polish on the blade ($2500-4000) and new fittings ($1500-2000) it would probably sell easily for $50,000.
    Again, it really depends on what you really want out of it. I can help you locate these items if you are intrested...any price range...a few hundred to tens of thousands of dollars.

Dan

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  8. 2-stroke

2-stroke Frank

It's history. Sure, some people are a little warped as to why they collect, but the stuff is fascinating. I don't have much Nazi stuff, but a lot of Civil War artifacts that I've found at campsites and battlefields with a metal detector. Although a lot of people find Confederate memorabilia a little distasteful, it's always the stuff that holds the most fascination and commands the most money from collectors and dealers. It always adds a little something to the experience when you find something that you know belonged to Southern troops.

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

One of my Dad's former bosses(back in the 80s) has a massive Civil War and Revolutionary War collection that he put together over his lifetime by travelling, researching and using metal detectors. His collection was displayed in multiple museums and was valued in the hundreds of thousands back then. No telling what it's worth today. He had boxes of musket balls that he collected. So many he would just grab handfuls and give them away. My brother still has the ones he gave us.

10. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

If someone gave you a pristine K98 used by the Waffen SS, would you keep it. Or, sell it and make a profit.

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I would donate it to a holocaust museum.

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Or Che's on your chest!:Poke:

Maybe, Otter can chime in.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I am unable to properly express my disinterest.

14. 88/532

One of the finest bolt action rifles ever made, and your not interested...hmmm.

You shouldn't put a label on a inanimate object. It's a part of history, nothing more. Rifles or other memorabilia didn't kill Americans, British, French, Poles, Soviets, or Jews. The Nazi label belongs on the people who displayed their loyalty to Hitler. War relics have not now, or ever had that trait.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

As a child I remember that only the best linen was put on the dining room table for special occasions. I later learned that my Father "liberated" it from Germany in 1945. It had no marks on it to indicate where it came from. He also "acquired" a couple of cameras along with a dress bayonet, the latter being obvious as to what it was.

When my Dad died I took it to a shop in London that traded in memorabilia, apparently it was quite a common item and the bloke wasn't interested in buying it. As I was leaving a young foreign customer, early twenties, who was there and was only interested in the Nazi stuff stopped me and asked to look at it. He offered me a good price for it, as long as I would ship it to him. When I found out where he was from I said no, for several different reasons. He was an Israeli.

17. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Damn.. ya beat me to it.... Nice chrome control room accessories though!

18. 88/532

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

20. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I had it comming...thats the first thing I thought of when I wrote it as well. :D