Mid Ohio and STT

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by natedogg624, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Bluegrass? Did someone say they're building a track in Ky?

2. AFORREST4

AFORREST4 Well-Known Member

Yea, it was supposed to be done last spring, but they ran into $$ issues. It should be ready next year.

3. CycleMyke

CycleMyke A.K.A. 1000hio

The track did dry some but my new PR4 (no warmers) rear didn't like the sealer patches very well. I pretty much putted around and came home in one piece. I forgot my clear helmet shield so I was done by 7:30, too cloudy for me to ride safely.

4. LosPer

LosPer Active Member

:wow: Need a tampon? Christ. It matters to me. ok? And of course, I did say "please". :D

Now go away. Pretty please with sugar on top. I'll get the answer soon enough, and post them here.

There are a lot of reasons for knowing the truth, and one of them is safety.

- Suppose STT decided that Mid-O is not safe enough to ride - and they didn't want to be affiliated any more for some reason? Important.

- Suppose Mid-O decided that STT was not doing a good enough job for some reason, again, possibly impacting safety (unlikely, but you get the point).

- And given all this, and the fact that Mid-O is 45 mins from my house and I bought 10 track days there in advance this season. They are non-refundable and non-tradeable. If I'm not going to get a consistent, safe product, it matters a whole lot to me - cause that's not what I paid for.

I am personally speculating that Mid-O wanted to cut out the middle man for financial/complexity/branding reasons - but in the middle of the season? Makes no sense - it could be anything. I want to know, regardless of what crankypants says.

Ya think?

Probably not a good day for me (an intermediate rider) to be scrubbing in new slicks on a IL4 literbike. That's why I passed. I'm glad you were able to get in some laps, and had a much better time than me.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
  5. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

hell yeah jeff! i think we might have been one of the few guys actually running slightly hard.

6. Sammy Bono

Sammy Bono Well-Known Member

I planned on doing a day with STT in september and I am really skeptical as to how mid-ohio will run there program. I love STT and blue grass is just too far for me to go for one trackday. I would have to make a weekend out of it.

7. CephasGT

CephasGT Track Day Dreamer

That's because you're nuts. (and also way better than me)

You were railin' pretty good out there towards the end. More balls than me, for sure.

I went out about an hour and a half into it, and did about 5 laps. The tires were colder when I came in than when I took them off the warmers to go out. I couldn't get enough traction anywhere to push the tires, so they couldn't get hot, so I couldn't get traction... Vicious circle. T1 was okay, so was the chicane, but the keyhole, T6,7,11, and the carousel I was sliding, especially the rear. Decided (grudgingly) to pack it in rather than wadding the bike up. Now I'm fiending like a crack addict to get back and have a decent day there.

I'm withholding judgment on how the day was ran, since it was something of a clusterfuck anyway due to the weather.

8. LosPer

LosPer Active Member

We'll for sure know by the end of the Sept 19/20 weekend. That will be a big test. I'm already in for the 19th.

9. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

You don't understand the legalities of the situation (and that's ok) and I don't care to explain them here in public.

I think you answered some of your own questions. FWIW, we have no financial interest in Bluegrass whatsoever and we not sever the relationship with M-O. Your assumptions are incorrect on both accounts.

If you are not comfortable with the change, request a FULL refund.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  10. CephasGT

CephasGT Track Day Dreamer

^ And good luck with that refund...

11. slidewaysmike

slidewaysmike Slow Roller

If you're the guy on the R6 with the #7 on it I got some footage of you out there on Saturday.

I took quite a bit of video and am sorting through it now but I'm pretty sure I have some footage showing the difference in speed between some of the riders.

Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9yBcp8Nr54

Pretty big difference in speed.:wow:

12. lawdog359

lawdog359 Well-Known Member

So there you have it... Monte himself said that the relationship was not severed by STT. That should say something... Why would a track suddenly break a contract w/ a company that consistently sold out events and supported thier school? What possible good could come from it? Corportate greed? Need for Power? Continued denial of known safety issues? All of the above? If STT was hard to work with, they would be out of every track in the nation!!

As for customers wanting a consistent product, i fully agree w/ that, but i doubt you will get that consistency w/ Mid Ohio running their dates. And, based on their stance on STT's safety suggestions, I doubt they will care should you voice that complaint. Its too bad though, b/c if they would listen to their customer instead of their ego, they could make improvements. Good luck though.

For those who want that consistency in product, well, STT will continue, at Bluegrass and other tracks across the midwest, south and northeast. This seems to be turning into a lesson for Bluegrass mgmt in what NOT to be!

13. bardo

bardo Well-Known Member

MORE, i need MORE! you got any in grape or cherry?

[​IMG]

14. c7fx

c7fx Well-Known Member

Yeah thats me cool video Thanks! :beer:

15. STT-Rider

Credit Card dispute will get it done. You bought track days run by a group with 100+ days experince at THAT track and 1000+ days overall and a known qualitity for safety and quality. THEY changed the product delivered AFTER you paid. Slam dunk.

16. STT-Rider

Always a grape guy myself. BTW.. why did Mr Koolaid carry a pitcher of Kooaid.. wouldn't he just poor it outta his own pitcher body or at least have the small one a different flavor. we stopped at the Koolaid place in Hastings Iowa.....pretty cool.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  17. CycleMyke

CycleMyke A.K.A. 1000hio

Good point.....Try that Losper.

18. brother_ed7

brother_ed7 brother_ed7

Anyone know what happened towards the end of the evening when the guy went down entering the key hole. A lot of rescue vehicles up there. I know 2 guys, a kawasaki, and a 999 where on there out lap and I had to check up and so did another guy. I went to the outside, the other guy went to the inside and then I hear tires screaming and crashing behind me. Is the guy that went down OK.

NV#611
    Sponsors: Bell's Suzuki, Dunlop, LP, CKRA

19. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

You mean Hastings, NEBRASKA, my home town baby! God it is great to be from a place so famous!:D

Back on task: I want to ride Mid-Ohio very badly, but there are just a few too many variables as of this moment. Too bad.

20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I meant when I said Monte et all have a conflict of interest. They could be speaking the gospel truth, but it would be foolish of us to take it as such.

On a related note, LosPer - kindly edit your last post. Kiggy is the one giving you a hard time for asking questions, not me, as the MISquote implies. I believe you deleted the wrong quote tag, and left mine, rather than his.