1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NJMP

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by rus23, Jun 14, 2009.

1. rus23

rus23 Misfit

Just got back from NJMP, raced on saturday with jesse morris on his 750 triumph, and larry on Rus Bigleys tz 750. Needless to say my little rz was no match for the tz, but i got past jesse and stayed there to the line to take second place. It went back and forth a time or two, me making a pass into one, followed by him taking me into one. Last lap shenanigans, I came into one behind jesse, passed him on the brakes but ran wide, he passed me back before two but I stuck to him till the right hander (6 or 7 on lightning) where I block passed him and then kept him behind me to the finish. Tex said it was almost a photo finish

Thanks to Pro Motion and the "All Revved Up" get together, thanks especially to Tex Mawby for helping to get another vintage race together.:beer:

2. rus23

rus23 Misfit

but I stuck to him till the LEFT hander (6 or 7 on lightning) where I block passed him and then kept him behind me to the finish

Fixed it for myself.

:beer:

3. joec

joec brace yourself

nice seein ya rusty. yeah....it was a fun little outting. i should have mentioned to you, a little rear brake goes a long way over that bump exiting t1 to keep the rear down.

at least.....so i have heard.

4. push rod

push rod Well-Known Member

Yep!

We had a nice race. I had kept up with but was unable to pass the TZ750 in the heat so in the race it became obvious I wasn't going to be able to stay ahead to the finish line, so I backed off a little, then Rusty comes by and I wasn't able to make a pass that would stick to the end in the remaining laps. We had a great braking duel going into turn 1 that left me with just enough room to make the turn. One of the better braking duels I can remember. Two very different motorcycles and riders that were well matched that day!

Lightning track was a quick learn and was pretty smooth altho my bike chattered a good bit around the banked bowl. The event was very well promoted and diverse with lots of track day people and spectators that were there to see the stunt riders, track day guys, the wheelie truck, vendors, each other and lastly, vintage racers. Many more people than I ever seen at a summit event. Like the old saying in real estate: promotion, promotion, & promotion.

5. racertex

racertex vintage dude

glad you guys had fun! it all came together and was a HUGE success! being up in the start/finish tower and getting to see the races from that vantage point explains why al wilcox always has a smile on his face at summit......lap after lap excitement!

i'll be in touch with you all before the end of the week.

cheers,

tex

6. A.D.

A.D. Member

Great job Tex! That track was awesome! Really fun time.. Wish more people had stuck around for sunday! So whens the next time?

Cheers,
    A.D.

7. Joe S

Joe S USCRA #496

Sounds like a lot of fun was had! We USCRA people were up in Loudon this weekend having fun as well. :)

A few of us vintage RD guys want to check out this new track. What is the schedule for the season?

Thanks
    Joe

PS Tex the leathers are great!

8. ttilghman

ttilghman Well-Known Member

some USCRA guys were with WERA at summit two weeks ago, njmp with TEX last weekend, and nhms with USCRA on monday. 9 days = 9 races...sweet.

-tt

9. midge461

midge461 Member

10. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

Beautiful! What camera is that? I have a VholdR (supposedly a good one) and it's never worked.

11. push rod

push rod Well-Known Member

Vholdr

Kenny,

I have a vholdr too, for two years, no output worth anything yet! They've been supportive, but I did better with my casio still camera that also recorded video.

Jess.

12. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

The other day I was in an Autozone or some chain like that and noticed they sold the GoProWide for 110.00. I've seen these cameras take a beating and work perfectly (think Doug MacRae blowing up his Norton on the banking at Daytona). I think that's my next move, unless VHoldR comes up with some solution.

13. ttilghman

ttilghman Well-Known Member

kenny-

midgely's camera with the NJMP footage was the gopro wide. kerry smith runs one too. seems to be great stuff.

-timothy

14. joec

joec brace yourself

pipe down you little flapper.

:)

15. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

Promotion runs vintage races or was it a vintage assoctiation there? Forgive my ignorance. Could i run an FZR400 there?

16. joec

joec brace yourself

it was a handful of people who showed up for a exhibition race more or less. the event was put on by promotion. there were no real definite rules. for example, the middle weight class, the one i ran in as a few of the others here, were gridded with a tz250. the heavyweight grid was tz750's.

keep an eye out for next year. the fzr400 i have no idea about. though there was a guy on a hawk i think.

17. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

cool, reason I ask is I'm not racing this year (taking the year off) and would love to play around on the track on my 400 but going to track days suck because I'm out there with guy's on GSXR1000's

18. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

TT,

Yes,

'specially for the $$$. The VholdR unit is something like 329.00 and has yet to work. The gopro you can buy at Autozone, pitch it down the track, and it still works a charm. Plus, it actually looks good. Too bad it's as big and boxy as it is, but I'll find room somewhere.

19. midge461

midge461 Member

big and boxy its just a tiny little thing, i stuck it to the back of my number plate, go pro wide,