1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-drilled Fasteners?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Commander_Chaos, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Commander_Chaos

Commander_Chaos Hillbilly Genius

I have grown to hate, hate, HATE drilling bolt heads and nuts for safety wire. Anyone know where to get them pre-drilled?

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Man that sucks. I have nothing of value to add to your post.

3. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

4. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Send them to me, and for a nominal fee I will do it. :up:

5. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

Also try some aircraft supply or car racing shops. Plenty to be found online.

6. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

So I have no good news on finding pre-drilled hardware.... sorry.

Question for ya tho, have you tried drilling using a jig? I know it is still kind of a pain, but it makes it WAYYYYY easier than trying to just drill thru the head.

Linky
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAFETY-WIRE-BLOCK-JIG-METRIC-RACING-MOTOCROSS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1730Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem120333494102QQitemZ120333494102QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

7. bigjoker247

bigjoker247 Well-Known Member

A place to get them from is pro-bolt. They have most model. There stuff is nice.

8. Japandrz

Japandrz Active Member

They sell all manner of pre drilled fasteners here in Japan, right at the local shop. Come in aluminum, SS, and titanium. They look great, but cost a bit. I can pick some up if you are interested, just PM me

9. steadyeddie

steadyeddie Well-Known Member

10. 6cuda6

6cuda6 Well-Known Member

I always looked at this as a maintenance type job.....remove the component, check/clean it , drill the bolts, replace.

A bolt jig and a drill press make this job go much better....spend a few bucks on good quality bits and have some fun.