1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV650 Fork Oil???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by PlayHard, Mar 3, 2009.

1. PlayHard

PlayHard Well-Known Member

Blew a fork seal at Daytona, go figure. Anyway, no sense in re-inventing the wheel so what weight oil seems to work the best in the SV Forks?

2. kan3

kan3 Well-Known Member

springs and weight?

3. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

With a Traxxion Gold valve set up, we used 20wt but I need to rebuild them with 30wt oil. I don't remember the springs but it is set up for a 220lb rider.

4. PlayHard

Weight

I think they are .90 or .92 Race Tec springs with the gold valve emulators. The suspension is set for 175lbs.

5. bobbyk

bobbyk Well-Known Member

i'm pretty sure racetech spring rates are in .05kg/mm increments. for the 1st gen i used 20wt in one leg and 30 in the other. for the second gen, if you have traxxion's damper rods, they actually recommended 10wt. this was a couple of years ago.

6. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Part of the equation is what the temp is outside which is why the Traxxion damper rods are better as you can use lighter weight oil which is affected less by the temps.

7. PlayHard

Thanks

Thanks guys, looks like most use 20wt. so that is what I'll try when I replace the fork seals.