1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Guys / Old Toys

Discussion in 'General' started by AZScorpion, Dec 23, 2008.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I wish I had my Star Wars collection. My son is now into it and I would love to pass that stuff along.:( I had tons of the plastic army men too but I burned or blew up most of them. That's a bummer because he's built a collection of those too.

I did have some of my Hotwheels that I gave him.
    I'm passing on to him my first .22 rifle. It will be his first gun and he's getting it as one of his Christmas presents tomorrow.
    :cool:

2. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

First of all 41 is very YOUNG :rolleyes:

All my toys were gave away to charity but I do have a 20 year old son who I kept some of his toys and gave them to my other son who's 5 years old (yep 15 years apart) Here's what he got:

GI Joe
    Batman toys
    Hot Wheels
    Legos
    And ALL VHS Disney movies (Got two VHS machine in case one breaks LOL)

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Creepy Crawlers
    Real M-80's
    Lawn Darts
    The baseball cards my cousin gave me from the 40's that Mom mistakenly threw out when we moved in 1970.

4. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

:wow: not good

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have no doubt that some were worth some serious money. IIRC, some of them were his fathers from the 20's and 30's as well. There were not in mint condition. We actually read them.:D

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

racetrack, wiffle ball bats, broom handles, switches, belts, boots, paddle ball paddles, anything that was handy at the time of the infraction.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:stupid: I used to have a plastic cavalry sword way back when. Not the winpy hollow crap they sell these days this was good sturdy put your eye out plastic. I had decided I didn't want to go wherever it was Mom wanted me to go so I took off running. She grabbed the nearest disciplinary tool and headed after me. Thurned out to be that damned sword. When she caught me she wore my ass out. I was crying and couldn't understand why the neighbors were laughing so damned hard. I learned years later that the image of her chasing me down the street with a sword yelling "you better hope I don't catch you" was more than they could take.

8. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

my cousins have saved, in their original boxes, every transformer they made...

They havent looked into it, but since they've never been played with they're worth quite a pretty penny. I wish i had held on to mine because they were an amazing feat of toy engineering.

9. hcr25

hcr25 Well-Known Member

I forgot about my AFX slot cars. I had a 4X8 sheet of plywood with a huge track mounted to it. I got the TCR set after whwere you could switch lanes.

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I have every single item from the He-Man collection including the castles and vehicles stored in my attic. Hopefully one day they will be worth something.

11. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

someday??? SOMEDAY??? The power of grey-skull has always been priceless...

[​IMG]

12. Morph_of_tc

Morph_of_tc Well-Known Member

First I'm 42 and I'm not old.

Toys?

All my HESS trucks
    Green Machine
    My Lionel Train set that had an engine with real SMOKE
    Evel Knievel Super Stunt Set
    Erector Set

13. fentos

fentos Well-Known Member

I still have all my LEGOs and He-Man collection, however I wish I still had my Dukes of Hazzard big wheel. I burned holes in the wheels of 2-3 of them, but I had one nice one left. Wish I still had that thing.

14. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

New toy that I want:

Do a youtube search for; 500 Round Per Minute Dart Chaingun Hack

David

15. elevenn7

elevenn7 Well-Known Member

That shit really stung...my mom loved it! The luster of Hot Wheels kinda wore off after that. I do remember getting my first Sizzler with the gas pump style battery charger...trick stuff circa 1971.

16. AZScorpion

AZScorpion Well-Known Member

Yeah Sizzler! I have both cars and the charger in with the Hotwheels. The cars no longer charge, but they were cool as hell back in the day!

17. Dont forget about stretch armstrong and atari

18. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

I had the sizzler cars and the Fat track for them with the High banking.:wow:

Atari, what's that.
    I had the Radio Shack version of Pong, Yippie.

19. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I cut Stretch open to see what made him work

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Sad thing is... now, most folks wouldn't laugh, they'd call 911. :down:

I ain't saying we need to beat ass every day, but I think a bit of a return to some of the '50s values would do this world a.... ummm... world.... of good.