1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSB 2009 champion will be ???

Discussion in 'General' started by stalemate27, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ben. He's gonna freak a lot of people out who don't think US riders are god right now.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know what, I'll go with Spies.

3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I agree but at the same time what I hear about the Italian team guys that even though they can speak english, they are such hard heads that they'll make english speaking people talk to them through a translator..thus impeding quicker setups. whether its true or not, I dont know, just what I heard

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

House will sort it out, without him I'd say top 3 this year and 1st in 2010. But with House to keep the team shit from being something Ben has to handle directly he'll do it this year.

5. Quicktoy

has Tom given a ye or ne? do u think yamaha is prepping ben for motogp in 2010?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

House is definitely going, contract is signed.

Not sure on MGP - it's a possibility for sure but I've given up on trying to use logic when looking at race team decisions.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

1. Biaggi
    2. Haga
    3. Corser

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

biaggi? On the aprillia????? You live under power lines as a kid?

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Still do.....BEYOTCH!

10. Quicktoy

POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS
    Look at kawasaki.. the team found a spanish sponsor for a third bike, who wants a spanish rider, kawasaki wants a japanese rider, so no third bike... gee that makes a lot of sence, youd think theyd want as much R&D as possible from a third rider. Ive given up on kawi really wanting to win at racing

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sometimes you can't go racing at all without the sponsorship some riders bring with them.

12. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Spies might be able to learn the tracks quick and following Haga and the rest of the vertrans will help him learn too, but these guys have had years to figure out the little secret lines that tracks can have to eak out those few extra tenths. I think Spies has the top 5 in him but Haga is going to be a force and Mad Max the German looked pretty dam fast at times this year and the Beemer and Aprilla could be suprisingly good out of the box, alla RC51.

13. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I'll go out on a limb and say two "rookies", Johnny Rea and Spies will battle for the championship. Haga will lose too many points in DNF's adjusting to his new team and bike. The Aprilla will be brilliant at a few races, but will not be dependable this year.

The BMW will be dependable, but off the pace the first half of the season, keeping their riders out of the hunt.

Max Neukirchner will have a great bike, but will be a "nearly man" yet again, fading mid season.

As far as TV coverage, Haga will be talked about 4 to 1 over any other rider, even if he is out of the country during one of the races. Fogarty will be mentioned in relation to Haga a number of times, and Bayliss will only be occasionally mentioned in passing. :rolleyes:

14. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

interesting thought...maybe they are thinking this 09 may be Edward's last season so they want to throw Spies in after him...

15. amafan

amafan Banned

Kawasaki made the right decision because Nakano was a way better rider than the Spanish rider the sponsor wanted which I think was Alex Debone . Kawasaki did not want ta waste a bike on a team and a rider that had no chance to be competetive.Ben Spies will win the WSBK title easy next year because he and Mat Mladin are 2 of the greatest riders in the world and the AMA was lucky to see them race against each other the last 4 years.Iam still wondering with Suzuki still fighting with the DMG maybe they will have Mladin who is signed for 2009 go race WSBK instead of racing in the AMA next year. I would love to see that happen because Spies and Mladin would finsh 1st and 2nd in the WSBK championship then every one that has put down the AMA the last few years would have to eat crow.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mat is signed with American Suzuki and there's no reason for them to go to WSB.

17. davetlr

davetlr Well-Known Member

Spies has my vote.

He is definately going to suprprise a lot of peeps!!

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

the bmw will never finish a race. At every round, whenever the bike is pointed east, it will immediately take off to join the march on Moscow before winter sets in. It's ingrained in it's DNA.

19. davetlr

davetlr Well-Known Member

Lol.. Where do you come up with this stuff??

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hell if I know, dave. I think maybe a diode in ma' brain done popped.

Gotta go, crack don't smoke itself.